Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile App for iPad showing incorrect program schedule

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity Mobile App for iPad showing incorrect program schedule

Hi, I have the Xfinity Mobile App for both the iPhone and iPad.  They both work well, EXCEPT for the fact that the program schedule shown on the iPad app is incorrect -- it's two hours behind.  (In other words, a program that starts at 2PM is shown as starting at 4PM.)

The program schedule on the iPhone app is correct.  The iPad's time is set correctly, too.

Any ideas?  How can I "reset" the program schedule on the iPad to show programs at the correct times?

Thanks in advance!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Mobile App for iPad showing incorrect program schedule

Mine matches on the two devices - iPhone and iPad.

On the iPad, in the Xfinity TV app, click the gear icon at upper left. You should see the settings. Click on Channel Lineup. Enter your zip code. Choose the appropriate list and Save.

Yes, you had probably done that already. Did it make a difference in what you're seeing?

New Poster

I tried that, didn't help.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity app from my iPad, but still didn't help.  I also tried restarting my iPad and re-syncing it with iTunes, but no help.

I also tried logging out of my account on the app and looking at the program schedule for my zip code without signing in.  Still didn't help.

Any other ideas?  It's hard to use the program schedule or schedule recordings when the schedule is off by two hours!!!

New Poster

I just figured it out!

The date/time settings on my iPad are incorrect (they're set for the Central time zone, but I'm in Pacific).  Made the switch and now the Xfinity app works correctly.

Thanks--

Silver Problem Solver

Thank you for letting us know what worked. You said in your original post that the time on the iPad was correct. I gather the time looked correct but you had the wrong time zone.

I think I've noticed that the time needs to be set manually if it's not a 3G iPad. I don't think mine syncs with a network time server.

Moral of the story: Check your time zone settings as well as the displayed time.

New Poster

I'm having this problem right now and my time settings are correct and I've tried everything else that was mentioned. 

New Poster

Also, some channels are showing correctly, while others aren't.

New Poster

I had same issue on iPhone after last update. Solution for me was to switch time settings to manual then back to automatic. Next time I ran app it blnked & didn't start. Tried running app again & now working fine. Thanks for the hint in this thread.