Community Forum

Xfinity IPAD App Does Not Display to TV

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity IPAD App Does Not Display to TV

Will this be a future feature?  I have my IPAD connected to my TV and would like to display my Xfinity content via the connection.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity IPAD App Does Not Display to TV

meanlisajean wrote:

Will this be a future feature?  I have my IPAD connected to my TV and would like to display my Xfinity content via the connection.

Our product team is constantly working on improving our site and our apps. Your request of adding AirPlay support will be taken under consideration for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Silver Problem Solver

Just to clarify, the xfintitytv app disables the video out on the ipad, I only say this because you said you had it hooked up to the tv which is not airplay.

New Poster

This is still not working. Please fix AirPlay functionality ASAP! This is a huge disappointment that Comcast deliberately disabled AirPlay in the Xfinity iPad app in an effort to cripple the app to force customers to use their archaic cable boxes. Get with the times and adopt the technologies of the future.
New Poster

Why don't you people have your app supporting airplay yet? You way over charge us for cable and Internet and yet you wont allow us to stream content we have already paid for using our iPad to our tv. And you wonder why you are losing tens of thousands of customers a month.

New Poster

Xfinity need to get their act together and get something done to make airplay work   I will be canceling my service

Regular Visitor

Why won't Comcast make their app able to play on iPad and hook it to your tv with hdmi cable. You still have to have a Comcast subscription to use the app. So it's not like they'd be losing money. I can't get a cable box in my second bedroom where I rent and using the iPad app would make it possible. Please Comcast make this possible for your customers.

Expert

3+ Year Old Thread being Closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!