Community Forum

Xfinity App & Airplay on Apple TV

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity App & Airplay on Apple TV

Will any of the xfinity apps support airplay for the apple tv anytime soon?  This has to be a very widely requested feature.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity App & Airplay on Apple TV

efru wrote:

Will any of the xfinity apps support airplay for the apple tv anytime soon?  This has to be a very widely requested feature.

Our product team is constantly working on improving the site and making more devices compatible. I am sorry but there is no timetable set for this feature at this time.

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

Translation - "we will never support Airplay because it could affect our revenue stream by way of additional boxes needed in each room you want to view premium channels in. By the way, rate increases coming soon. You're welcome!". Thanks so much Comcast. Monopolies are just fun.

New Poster

Joe - any update on this and does Cmcast not see this as an opportunity to penetrate the NetFlix space????

New Poster

I agree. It would be really nice to stream content from Xfinity through an Apple TV. I currently have a PC hooked up to the TV to do this. An Apple TV is much smaller, cheaper and quieter.
New Poster

Agreed! where is the xfinity to airplay/Apple TV capability? ?

New Poster

It would be nice to have airplay on the apps. After all its supposed to be built into ios.
New Poster

Xfinity App does NOT work on Airplay. What is going on - it's 2013. I pay about $250 a month. WHY will the iphone/ipad app not support Airplay?

New Poster

Awesome response.....
New Poster

You can plug in your hdmi adapter cable and watch on your TV.... Why not airplay???
New Poster

Airplay is already built in to your IOS device. Xfinity had to purposely block the Airplay feature when designing thier App.

Regular Visitor

I'm extremely unhappy about this. I'm a paying Xfinity customer and this doesn't make sense to me - I can play shows on my iPad so it doesn't make sense to me why this feature would be disabled. I would much rather watch on TV when traveling. Seems like an arbitrary decision to cripple the app.

New Poster

You guys built the app to purposely block Airplay!  Its 2013, stay up with the technology or let Netflix keep taking your business.  It's just a matter or time before every channel has their own iPhone app like HBO which has Airplay.  I can't wait to see the day where I can sign up for these chanels directly with the broadcaster and cut the the middle man, cable, out of the picture. Don't be so greedy!

Problem Solver

More than likely it's a content protection type of feature.  The idea is that if you want to watch Comcast provided television shows or movies then it should be done through Comcast cable TV service for televisions, while anything else that might be provided, like mobile apps and so forth are for those particular mediums/devices, and not the television itself.

New Poster

I hope they are planning on making AirPlay available soon. Comcast already rapes you on pricing, the least they could do is let us get the most out of our subscriptions and enabling airplay. I mean c'mon, HBO and Max have already seen the benefit of this, and Time Warner Cable as well. Get with it Comcast!
New Poster

I'm sure, as everyone else has said, that this is not an oversight.  This is a Comcast app for Comcast viewers in a Comcast environment.  I just said their name three times, I'm sure they're thrilled.

New Poster

Please add this feature or bring the cost of service down to reflect that lack of options.
New Poster

Streaming to a big scrren TV thru Apple TV is doable on a Mac OS X computer like a MAC Book Pro.  There is an XFinity App version for this operating system, and the "security protection" message does not appear.  The only problem I have not resolved is sound, but my work around for that, until I can speak with Apple directly tomorrow, is to pair the MAC machine running the OS X version of the XFinity App with an external Blue Tooth speaker.  SInce sound quality is not great from most TVs, this is probably a justifiable solution, especially if you stream music too.

Hope this helps.

New Poster

I tried to use the HDMI lightning connect from ipad air directly to TV. All worked EXCEPT anything on the Xfinity Go. Keep getting a msg. that due to .......is not allowed. I tried the Apple Air and the same thing.......does not make any sense to me.....I can watch on my IPAD but not transfer it to my TV........WHY???????

New Poster

Buy Google Chromecast , problem solved ....quality is good enough and no lag ..

New Poster

how do you cast to chromecast? i dont see the comecrast button anywere in the xfinity app.

thanks

Regular Visitor

This is the entire reason I'm not going to subscribe to a comcast TV service for now. I really do not want a horrible cable box in my house. I was interested in the Internet plus package, with HBO and basic channels, until I found out that I wouldn't be able to airplay to my TV. Oh well... Maybe Comcast will get with the program one of these years... Until then I'm happy to pay Aereo for my basic tv service Smiley Happy
Regular Visitor

It's now 2014 and you greedy jerks have not allowed airplay through the iPad I pay $265 a month i am considering leaving Comcast forever over this issue !
New Poster

I find disgusting that comcast remains silent on this topic. It is ridiculous that the apps continue to block the use of airplay and the use of the hdmi output connector.