Community Forum

Xbox, PS3 for HBO GO, Xfinity, Netflix

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xbox, PS3 for HBO GO, Xfinity, Netflix

Hi,

Does anyone have any recent experience using Xbox or PS3 with HBO GO, or to stream video with Netflix or Xfinity?  I know there's an Xbox application but read some posts on poor quality with Comcast.  Can this be done on PS3 through the web browser? 

I currently hard connect my computer (using HDMI) and have had very good results with HBO GO, but would prefer to use a wireless WiFi connection if quality does not suffer.

Many thanks for any constructive feedback!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xbox, PS3 for HBO GO, Xfinity, Netflix

I have the xbox application or hbo go and the comcast on demand one also,  both work great for me and I get clear hd, for those shows broadcast in HD.  I also use netflix on both my ps3 and xbox 360 and that is great also.   I have a powerline adapter that I use to bring the wifi over my electric and I get a full signal before I use to get a lot of buffering over wireless.   For some the service works great for others its hit or miss.  It really depends on how updated the comcast infrastructure is in your area and what speed tier you subscribe to for your internet.    Hope that answers your questions.   

New Poster

Thanks so much for responding to my question.  I have Blast! with Powerboost in an area that Comcast has recently upgraded, so I think my experience should be similar to yours.  Sounds like Xbox is the way to go; just wish we didn't have to pay extra for using the Microsoft network!  Is the Xbox 360 with 4 GB sufficient, or is the 250 GB model a better choice?

New Poster

If streaming content is your main concern, 4gb is fine. the larger hdd is more for storing installed games, or downloading and saving movies from xbox's network.

Something to consider is waiting for the xbox one that was just announced. From the sound of your post, it seems like this would be great for you...sorry you'll have to wait about a year for it though.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4352404/microsoft-xbox-one-everything-you-need-to-know

who knows, maybe in that time, comcast will port their xbox app to the playstation network. At least I hope they do at some point.