Community Forum

Xbox: Error 805

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Xbox: Error 805

@comcastjoe

im also receiving error code 805

GT: Vinc3nt md

thanks

New Poster

I get the same message gamertag= OGFreezy email mxracerboy85@aol.com
New Poster

Error 805 on xbox...gamertag is BL00DSH0T420     in my gamertag is zeros not Os thanx

New Poster

I am also getting error 805. Xfinity go works on my android device, and I have met all the requirements. I have two 360s and it works on neither. Please address this problem, Comcast, as it's clear I'm not the only one experiencing it. I have an xfinity cable box, and I know on demand is supported because because I use it on other devices.
New Poster

Getting error code 805.  Gamertag Cpackard4.  Thanks Joe!

New Poster

Unfortunately have been waiting about 2 weeks due to this same error and keep getting the answer that it's escalated to tier two, to leave them be and eventually, maybe, sometime we'll get a call back.

The app worked FINE until they fixed another problem on the account, so obviously it IS available here.  I don't understand how it can possibly take two weeks to fix an error they initially created entirely on the account management side. 

To make it even worse, it's because there was another problem with account management, so they offered an HBO samble as recompense... adding the sample killed ALL of our TV until they sent a tech out several days later... then found our account was marked to pay for the upper tier of internet service, but fixing the TV removed *getting* that service from the account, then they fixed the internet service and that knocked out the Xbox Xfinity app....  and two weeks later I'm wondering which part they'll break if they ever, ever fix this.

New Poster

I'd strongly recommend anyone who's getting this error make the effort to call Comcast.  Fort me, I was missing an activation code on my account.  I called the number given, (877-599-1846 for me) and within five minutes I am watching the app via my Xbox 360.  I'm the first one to call out bad service, so kudos to Comcast for getting this one right.

New Poster

Someone please help!! I've been having this problem for months same error and i have all requiremnets comcast starter tv and proformence inernet, xbox live gold with kinect. My xbox gamer tag is Pherret Blanco
New Poster

I just had an 805 error code I called the phone number was told I would have to upgrade my service ....I have blast and cable ....on demand and hbo ....as well as xbox gold. Guess we will just watch Hulu ......

New Poster

Joe please help getting the same 805 error gamertag is FrccDirtyNeedlz

Frequent Visitor

Same issue here. GT is Enigma777 and I have a Comcast box as well as On Demand and meet all the other qualifications.
New Poster

I am also having this issue, i just switched over from uverse and just got my xbox back from repair shop.

I meet all the requirements as well

New Poster

Hey Im having the same code error, the 805. Can some please help. Maybe you Comcastjoe. My gamertag is timewasted16

Regular Visitor

oh yea --- Xbox live name is NyDogun. Thanks

Regular Visitor

Hey Comcast Joe.. First of all, Thanks for you help in the past. I am now have a similar issue with the xbox -xfinity service stuff.. My xbox can be on line for an hour maybe every few days...... but for the majority of the time. It is caying it cant connect. to wireless network. 

I thought it may be the Router... But when i try to connect the xbox to my laptop  via wireless its fine.. aslo all my other devices (PC's, phones. tablets work ok) You made it work perfectly back in january.. not sure if its the same issue but what ever you can do i would appreciate it.. This is really frustrating as I am sure you can understand.. Thanks alot!

New Poster

I seriously cannot believe this is working!!! Thanks so much ComcastJoe.

My usual high praise of Comcast shall resume.

New Poster

Not sure if this is fixed yet, but maybe it is.  I have comcast cable and internet, no cablebox, but cable cards in a Tivo, and Xbox Live Gold.  I get the 805 error.  Gamertag: dlsith  

Thanks for the help Comcast Joe!

Frequent Visitor

So has this problem ever been fixed. I just got this on my xbox360 and yes I have triple play. Internet has been upgraded also. Or is the app just like all the other ones Comcast puts out, got problem cause crashes and freeze. I have uninstalled it rebooted and reinstalled the app still get the 805 error. You think this would have been fixed with a updated app.   Raise prices come out with error ridden apps and still full of problems, no body want to do the job righ or fix things. Don't bothering to call me I'll be calling in to talk to a supervised and file a complaint. 

New Poster

I also have error code 805

Gamertag is zdave182

New Poster

Re: Error 805

I am surprised that Comcast support did not pick up on this.

It is actually quite simple:

1. When the app installs, it also resets the cable modem

2. Since the cable modem is resetting it is a short period where you have no internet connection, and the app therefore times out. 

3. Just wait a moment or two, and it will all work

Tip to Comcast:

1. You should tell customers this

2. Your app should check for internet connection first, giving the user feedback while it is waiting, and only throw an error if the connection if not restored within 1-2 mins.

New Poster

I have the same 805 problem and all the requirements. Please help Comcast Joe.

xXBILLOXx
New Poster

I keep getting this error whenever I try to log in...I've tried to delete it and download it again but it still doesn't work.
New Poster

I meet all the requirements: Xbox gold, Xfinity internet etc......... But I still get the error 805. What do I do?

GT: TXI X ASSASSIN

New Poster

ComcastJoe

I meet all the requirements and I am receiving error code 805 also,

gamertag: TCD

Thanks.

New Poster

I guess posting here is the only way to get this issue solved. Why can't anything with Comcast be straight forward? Anyway, I'm getting the same error. Gamertag is No1 Offender

Official Employee

davematthsc wrote:

I have error code 805. Gamertag davematthsc

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

New Poster

I have error code 805. Gamertag davematthsc

Official Employee

mrech79 wrote:
Receiving save error code gametag big daddy jvill

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

Receiving save error code gametag big daddy jvill
Official Employee

ehankinson wrote:
TheTankster2005

Thanks,
Joe

Regular Visitor

TheTankster2005
Official Employee

ehankinson wrote:

I have the triple play, but I don't have the advanced on demand service availible to me.  My stb is on demand capable.  does not having the advanced on demand service mean that I can't use the xfinity app on my Xbox? I am getting the 805 error when attempting to sign on

What is your Xbox Live Gamertag?

Thanks,
Joe

Regular Visitor

I have the triple play, but I don't have the advanced on demand service availible to me.  My stb is on demand capable.  does not having the advanced on demand service mean that I can't use the xfinity app on my Xbox? I am getting the 805 error when attempting to sign on

Regular Visitor

I can see that your post was edited. It would seem that they don't like others to see your frustration. The sad fact is that if you own your own modem they will not help you. So, if you get this error code and call the number they provide, they will tranfer you all around the departments only to have your problem not get solved.

Frequent Visitor

thank you Joe, it's nice to know that someone is actively checking these messages.

I got the call, and althought I wasnt home to speak to anyone, the error is now gone and I am able to use the xfinity app on my xbox just fine. So thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My only gripe now is that I wish the Arris Router would work with the xbox slim wireless connections.

I'm sure you must know about it, but here is the link just incase: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiFi/Arris-TG862G-GT-and-Xbox-360-S/td-p/1239977...

I along with many other customers would love to have someone look into this issue that has been ongoing for months now.

Official Employee

Frequent Visitor

also 805 error here

New Poster

Same 805 Error

Xbox Live: BuddahLovaz_561

Thanks Joe.

Official Employee

djmassf wrote:

Hi Comcast Joe, 

I am having what appears to be the same problem many others before me have had. 805 error. Xfinity Everything.. game name is "Nydogun" could you please look in to this. Thank you 

Thanks,
Joe
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Regular Visitor

Hi Comcast Joe, 

I am having what appears to be the same problem many others before me have had. 805 error. Xfinity Everything.. game name is "Nydogun" could you please look in to this. Thank you 

Official Employee

TeamMorey wrote:

ComcastJoe, if you're still reading this thread we're having the same issue.  We don't have a Comcast box, just cablecards and a TiVo.  We tried to set up XFinity On Demand  through an Xbox but got the same 805 error.  Gamer tag is ArcadeRoy.  Can you assist?

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

ComcastJoe, if you're still reading this thread we're having the same issue.  We don't have a Comcast box, just cablecards and a TiVo.  We tried to set up XFinity On Demand  through an Xbox but got the same 805 error.  Gamer tag is ArcadeRoy.  Can you assist?

Official Employee

Totenkopf666 wrote:

XBGT = Totenkopf666

noone ever got a hold of me, and im still getting a code 805 error message.

ive been sitting on hold now for 30 minutes. why dont you just say what is wrong instead of telling everyone the same thing the past year JOE?

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

XBGT = Totenkopf666

noone ever got a hold of me, and im still getting a code 805 error message.

ive been sitting on hold now for 30 minutes. why dont you just say what is wrong instead of telling everyone the same thing the past year JOE?

Official Employee

theelite wrote:

ComcastJoe

I have the 805 error also, gamertag tripwire777

Thanks.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

ComcastJoe

I have the 805 error also, gamertag tripwire777

Thanks.

New Poster

805 means on demand is not available in your area. The techs will lie and say they're working on it, but they've been saying it for half a year now. I found out on demand was not available from the billing department. Sad.
Official Employee

andrewszabat wrote:

I am having the same issue.

Gamer tag - szabat

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

Xbox: Error 805

I am having the same issue.

Gamer tag - szabat

New Poster

Thanks Comcast Joe. I missed the call back, but after receiving the call it started working after I cleared the XBox's system cache.