Community Forum

Xbox App: 905 error

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Xbox App: 905 error

Frequent Visitor

Any update Joe? Seeing your last post was 21 months ago.

New Poster

I just attempted to connect using the Xfinity tv app on my xbox 360, with no luck.  Error code 905 keeps popping up.

Code: 904

ID: 57F-9AQ-3F8-798

App Version: 2.04

My gamertag is sabulsky69

Can you please help with thing.

Jmes

Frequent Visitor

I'm also getting the same 7405 error on my XBox 360, but I'm sure that's because I'm not signing in on a Comcast internet system.  I am at my home in Hawaii.

Joe, any updates on allowing logging in to the XFinity OD XBox app from an external ISP, same as iOS devices and PCs?

Mahalo,

Dave

Official Employee

Enigma007 wrote:

Why would they allow the computer app, iOS device apps to work off-line of an Xfinity internet connetion, but not the xbox app?  Just curious.  Also curious to know if that will change?

The idea of running the XFINITY TV App on your Xbox using a different ISP is something that is being taken under consideration for a future release. There is currently no timetable for this. I will update this message board when more information becomes available.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Frequent Visitor

Why would they allow the computer app, iOS device apps to work off-line of an Xfinity internet connetion, but not the xbox app?  Just curious.  Also curious to know if that will change?

Official Employee

Enigma007 wrote:

I have residential, but not at where I am trying to use xbox because comcast is not offeed in that area.  I do have comcast at my other home though.  My username and password work for iPhone and iPad xfinity on demand app and also on the computers at the location of my xbox, but I am NEVER prompted for username or password when launchign the xbox xfinity app.

If the location you are at is not XFINITY Interent, then the Xbox app will not work.

Sorry,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

I have residential, but not at where I am trying to use xbox because comcast is not offeed in that area.  I do have comcast at my other home though.  My username and password work for iPhone and iPad xfinity on demand app and also on the computers at the location of my xbox, but I am NEVER prompted for username or password when launchign the xbox xfinity app.

Official Employee

Enigma007 wrote:

I keep getting error 7405 when launching the xfinity app on my xbox.  When it launches it goes right to aunthenticating, then says authenticated, then the error pops up 7405 stating the license erver is unavailable and authentication faiuled.  it has NEVER prompted me to eter in my username and password?  I have uninstalled and re-installed 4 times to no avail.  The app works fin on my iphone and ipad and also on every computer i my house. PLEASE help..am at myu wits end.

gamertag bdiz007

thank you.

Error 7405 means that you are not using Xfinity Residential Internet Service or you are not using your Comcast ID or Comcast.net address and password to sign in to the Xfinity service.

Are you a Residential or Business class Internet customer?

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

I keep getting error 7405 when launching the xfinity app on my xbox.  When it launches it goes right to aunthenticating, then says authenticated, then the error pops up 7405 stating the license erver is unavailable and authentication faiuled.  it has NEVER prompted me to eter in my username and password?  I have uninstalled and re-installed 4 times to no avail.  The app works fin on my iphone and ipad and also on every computer i my house. PLEASE help..am at myu wits end.

gamertag bdiz007

thank you.

Official Employee

Keelanh wrote:
Same problem with me. Whenever I try to log in it say error 905.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

Same problem with me. Whenever I try to log in it say error 905.
Official Employee

sdiestler wrote:

error 905 for me too, I've called support and have tried off and on for the last several months to get this working. Still no luck, the app has been available for

almost a year now and they are still having this problem? Its completely ridiculous with the amount of money we are paying the services that they continue to advertise should actually work.

What is your Xbox Live Gamertag?

Thanks,
Joe

Regular Visitor

ComcastJoe,

Thanks for your help. Your tech called and got everything working. I appreciate your time and assistance.

New Poster

error 905 for me too, I've called support and have tried off and on for the last several months to get this working. Still no luck, the app has been available for

almost a year now and they are still having this problem? Its completely ridiculous with the amount of money we are paying the services that they continue to advertise should actually work.

Official Employee

CerebusOverlord wrote:

i am sick of dealing with comcast and explaining that i am doing everything that is required of me to get this 905 issue resolved.  fix it. i have xbox gold and meet all the requirements. my gamertag is CerebusOverlord

Our team is looking into your issue now and someone will contact you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

i am sick of dealing with comcast and explaining that i am doing everything that is required of me to get this 905 issue resolved.  fix it. i have xbox gold and meet all the requirements. my gamertag is CerebusOverlord

Official Employee

NowItsShowtime wrote:

Thanks ComcastJoe. Now, I'm getting an 808 error code.

I am a residential customer and I have a Zoom Model 5350 cable modem.

Can you private message me your account number and your Comcast.net e-maill address so I can further assist you.

User CCCarole has wrote step-by-step instructions on how to send and read private messages:

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small white envelope. This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’.  A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public viewing the Forums.

The white envelope turns to yellow when you receive a PM. 

To open a PM to read it, double click on the yellow envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message.  You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post.  By default, Private Messages are enabled.  You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Thanks,
Joe

Regular Visitor

Thanks ComcastJoe. Now, I'm getting an 808 error code.

I am a residential customer and I have a Zoom Model 5350 cable modem.

Official Employee

NowItsShowtime wrote:

Hi ComcastJoe,

I've been trying to sign into my Xfinity app on my Xbox as well. I've gotten several different errors and it always tells me that my user ID/email is incorrect. I've tried my comcast.net email and the email that I used to set up my account. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks

Gamertag: NowItsShowtime

Make sure that you are entering your entire primary Comcast.net e-mail address (example: john.smith@comcast.net).

Your @msn.com credientials will not work on the Xbox app.

Thanks,
Joe

Regular Visitor

Hi ComcastJoe,

I've been trying to sign into my Xfinity app on my Xbox as well. I've gotten several different errors and it always tells me that my user ID/email is incorrect. I've tried my comcast.net email and the email that I used to set up my account. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks

Gamertag: NowItsShowtime

Official Employee

nataylor99 wrote:

I am having the same 905 error. Gamertag is Zappper. 

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

I am having the same 905 error. Gamertag is Zappper. 

Official Employee

UserRyan wrote:

I have had this issue for months since I moved and was given a new account number.  With cable issues and now xfinity app issues I've spent over 3 plus hours trying to get my issues resolved with no resolution.

Gamertag is Red1006.

Is it possible I just need to clear my xbox system cache?

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

I have had this issue for months since I moved and was given a new account number.  With cable issues and now xfinity app issues I've spent over 3 plus hours trying to get my issues resolved with no resolution.

Gamertag is Red1006.

Is it possible I just need to clear my xbox system cache?

Frequent Visitor

I called 2day & they had me do something I hadn't done before which was clear my xbox system cache. After I did that, I signed in & it worked. Finally after months I can finally log in. I hope everyone gets their issue resolved as well.
Contributor

Tried logging in over the weekend just to see if it would work and low and behold it works now.

I never received the callback but at least it works now.

Frequent Visitor

Still no call back or resolution. I call every week & get told the same thing. Have been dealing with this issue since June.
New Poster

You know, I called Comcast about a million times trying to figure this out. After about a month and a half of no help, I just got rid of Streampix. It was more trouble than it was worth.

Contributor

Still waiting for someone to reach out to me shortly. Been waiting since 7/30. Called numerous times since then and told 72 hrs each time.

The last time I called I was told it was escalated  on 8/10 (which is funny as I was told this on 7/30).

Either way still waiting,

New Poster

Well, my story is pretty much like everyone elses. I moved and need to log into my XBOX Xfinity app with new credentials than the pervious ones stored on my 360, and "Code 905" comes up. I did call Comcast, and while the person I talked to was trying to be very helpful, I'm pretty sure she had no idea what I was talking about, based on her asking me what a "Code 905" was several times. I gave her my gamertag, ii matches ii, (with capital i's and a capital m), and she said I'd be receiving a call in 24 hours. That was a few days ago and still no updates. I'd call in again, but it would just be another twenty minutes of me trying to spell out my gamertag, and realizing I need a new hobby.

II Matches II

Official Employee

dallen1977 wrote:

Yes I meet all the requirements and tried logging in with my main account. My XBOX Live tag is Famous Azzazzin.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

Just wanted to let everyone know - about an hour after I posted here I finally got a call from the Denver comcast tech center. They let me know that the link between my old account and gamertag/liveID was finally broken. I tried signing in while the tech was on the phone, and it worked! 

The tech was quite knowledgeable and mentioned that they now have a more efficient process in place since about 2-3 weeks. This process should get reported problems fixed within a day or so. He said there is a likely backlog of folks who reported the problem prior to the process, or those that fell through the cracks which are taking longer.

Good luck to everyone else as you navigate the waters. ComcastJoe - I don't envy you your job, but thanks for atleast putting a human face on Comcast. 

New Poster

Yes I meet all the requirements and tried logging in with my main account. My XBOX Live tag is Famous Azzazzin.

New Poster

After no communication from Comcast, I went ahead and called to check. What the support person told me was that Microsoft (and not Comcast) was supposed to do something to remove the connection between the liveID/gamertag and the old comcast account. They gave no ETA.

How is this in anyway a reasonable experience? 

Official Employee

douggw wrote:

im still having issues too.  Gagmertag is hagwilliam1025   I have moved since it used it work, and now it won't work

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

im still having issues too.  Gagmertag is hagwilliam1025   I have moved since it used it work, and now it won't work

Official Employee

nene901 wrote:
Hello. Is there a reason why my posts aren't being responded to?

I am sorry.

You had a ticket already opened for you about the same issue but I updated it yesterday. You should get a call shortly.

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

Hello. Is there a reason why my posts aren't being responded to?
Official Employee

dallen1977 wrote:

I'm getting the 905 error on my xbox 360 xfinity application.  have tried everything on the forum and even spent 1 hour and talked to 5 people from comcast and no one was able to help me. 

Do you meet all the minimum requirements?

What is your Xbox Live Gamertag?

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

I'm getting the 905 error on my xbox 360 xfinity application.  have tried everything on the forum and even spent 1 hour and talked to 5 people from comcast and no one was able to help me. 

Frequent Visitor

Hello. Still no response? Gamertag Ms Nita 901. I sent other info in private msg. Let me know if I need 2 resend.
New Poster

Hey comcast joe. i have had a ticket open for awhile like the rest. gamer tag akwhite2287. still waiting on someone to call with the tools to fix code 905. i recently moved and the same issue as everyone else. thanks

Official Employee

Gestoph wrote:

ComcastJoe: Nothing for me yet? All I got since I asked was yet another message that this is something that a different tier would be dealing with and they would call me. But no actual action took place. It's been weeks and this still doesn't work Smiley Sad

I alerted my team that you have not been contacted yet. Someone will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

ComcastJoe: Nothing for me yet? All I got since I asked was yet another message that this is something that a different tier would be dealing with and they would call me. But no actual action took place. It's been weeks and this still doesn't work Smiley Sad

Official Employee

Contributor

Two weeks still waiting for my call back. When I call about my ticket it is still open and someone will call me back.

Might be time to switch carriers.

New Poster

Hey Joe I am gertting the same 905 error and my gamertag is aaronfetty. I moved recently so I am sure that I must be having the tied to an old account error like others

Frequent Visitor

So, the Tech level 1 people said theres no way of getting  hold of tech level 2, but said they would call me in 24 hours. Its been 10 days. And no way for me to get a hold of tech 2 on my own. Can someone please explain this to me?!?! I have had this issues since June 1. I think I have given it quite enough time to get resolved. Horrible customer service! Yet, we're expected to pay our bills on time. Something is wrong here...

Frequent Visitor

Ok It's been 3 months. AND NOTHING. I had someone call, say they couldnt fix it and someone else would call back next day. that was a week ago. What is going on?