Community Forum

XRE-10007 on Xi5 boxes

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

XRE-10007 on Xi5 boxes

Hello,

I have X1 gigabit with an Xg1v4 as my main Box and two Xi5 wireless boxes in bed rooms. All has been working well since installation about a month ago but just a few days ago the wireless boxes have not been able to access live tv, getting error XRE-10007. I’ve tried rebooting everything and waiting for modem and main box to fully boot before plugging in the Xi5’s but no change.

Spoke with tech support and tried more reboots but he said I need a tech to come out which is scheduled for this Saturday. But after reading a few similar issue threads it seems like this is something that can be fixed on the backend. If so would love to get this resolved sooner.

Thanks
5A5578EF-F8DB-455D-9273-DC4B09E6EC25.jpeg
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XRE-1007 on Xi5 boxes

Which is it - 1007 or 10007?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

It’s XRE-10007.
3B5CB15D-F942-43D8-AFB0-4FC8988D45BE.jpeg
Official Employee

On your gateway, is the moca light on? It’s on the rear by the coax input
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

I was checking for this and don't see any moca indicators. There does seem to be a place for an led indicator above the coax port but it is not lit up. (I have the xb6 gateway)

Official Employee

Open a browser on a device that’s connected to the XB6 and go to 10.0.0.1, admin and password to get in. On the left side under connection, go to Moca, enable and save. The light should be lit after, you may then have to reset your devices. If you’re not able to get it enabled, call in and they should be able to do it remotely.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

I tried that and when I hit enable then save I get a loading bar with the meaaage saying “please wait for all processes to update” stays that way for about a minute but never does enable. If I call them what would I ask them to do?

Thanks for your help.
Official Employee

If you call in ask to enable moca...that moca needs to be on. The DVR talks to the modem, the modem talks with the xi5, without that moca on there’s no communication

New Poster

does the MoCa light flash or is it supposed to be solid?

Official Employee

Should be solid

New Poster

Mine is flashing .