Community Forum

XRE-10007 Something's not quite right trying live TV, but On Demand works okay

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: XRE-10007 Something's not quite right trying live TV, but On Demand works okay

If the moca light is on and you’re still getting the error message, the DVR and modem aren’t communicating to each other. Try a reset of the DVR and modem and then the wireless box. If that doesn’t work you’ll need a tech out
New Poster

Re: XRE-10007 Something's not quite right trying live TV, but On Demand works okay

I don't know what the moca light is. On the back of the modem, there is a light above the coax that looks like a target. It is lit. I don't know what modem I have because it is new too. It's rectangular I think, but with one of the top corners lopped off (like quartz shape)

Official Employee

On Demand is coming from the cloud. For live TV, the wireless box needs to talk to the modem and the modem needs to talk to the DVR. Look on the back of the modem, is the moca light on?
New Poster

I just noticed the new box doesn't have coax. So, I guess the new box gets the On Demand stuff from the internet, and it gets the live TV stuff from the master X1 box over ethernet. Why this matters is that the ethernet is the den is subnetted, and the master X1 box cannot get to anything in the den.

Easiest would be to get the old box back. I might be able to swap out the current den X1 box for another old-style box I still have...

Official Employee

Moca is how the boxes communicate, it’s nothing to set up. When you get that message, it means the boxes can’t talk to each other and the majority of the time it’s related to house wiring. Can you give any details on any splitters, amplifiers etc, that may be in your house?
New Poster

XRE-10007 Something's not quite right trying live TV, but On Demand works okay

Message contains an image

20180621 Comcast X1 Box.JPG

We had the old-style box before in our den and it worked fine, but when the tech came out to upgrade us to quad, he said the-old style satellite box that we had had too low a signal, so he replaced it with one of these.I think he also set up moca, which we never used before.

We can view On Demand things fine, but anytime we try live tv, we get the XRE-10007 message, which tells us to unplug our main set-top box for 10 seconds, which we've tried multiple times. I've also used the website to send system reset and device reset signals, and the XRE-10007 never goes away.