Community Forum

XRE-03121

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

XRE-03121

Hi Guys,
I’m having an issue with getting channel 35 (Pittsburgh Cable News Channel) a local channel, and Investigation Discovery yesterday I consented to a new agreement and these two channels worked fine before then but several CSR’s have said I have both channels as apart of my package. I am paying a lot of money and these are two of the channels I watch the most. I am able to access them from the xfinity stream app but I’m not able to access them from either my X1 dvr box or my DTA. The error code I’m getting on the X1 is attached the error code I’m getting on the DTA is this channel is not authorized error code 580 I was at one point getting error code 589 also this channel is not authorized. Does anyone have any suggestions or is there a Comcast employee that I can contact to look into this further for me. The CSR’s I talked to have done the following: Sent a refresh signal, had me reboot boxes neither thing brought those two channels back. Any assistance that someone could provide would be appreciated. Have a great day Thanks from Tyler
0F542916-1A76-4EBE-A2BD-526592DC34B2.jpeg
Expert

Re: XRE-03121

@T2far10 wrote:
Hi Guys,
I’m having an issue with getting channel 35 (Pittsburgh Cable News Channel) a local channel, and Investigation Discovery yesterday I consented to a new agreement and these two channels worked fine before then but several CSR’s have said I have both channels as apart of my package. I am paying a lot of money and these are two of the channels I watch the most. I am able to access them from the xfinity stream app but I’m not able to access them from either my X1 dvr box or my DTA. The error code I’m getting on the X1 is attached the error code I’m getting on the DTA is this channel is not authorized error code 580 I was at one point getting error code 589 also this channel is not authorized. Does anyone have any suggestions or is there a Comcast employee that I can contact to look into this further for me. The CSR’s I talked to have done the following: Sent a refresh signal, had me reboot boxes neither thing brought those two channels back. Any assistance that someone could provide would be appreciated. Have a great day Thanks from Tyler

hi, Comcast makes a list available to us of all the channels we subscribe to on their Xfinity My Account app (select the TV tab and the link to view channel lineup). to fix your issue, call 800-Comcast and select billing and ask the agent to do perform a deep background account refresh (can take up to an hour to complete). fixed?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Hello,
I called in and chatted with someone both people had no idea what I was talking about.
Expert

@T2far10 wrote:
Hello,
I called in and chatted with someone both people had no idea what I was talking about.

did you select billing? if they don't know ask for a supervisor.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

I spoke to a rep who said his computer said the problem should be fixed within an hour. I will keep you updated. Thanks for your advice
Regular Visitor

Still not working. Anymore ideas?
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hello T2far10. I can assist with troubleshooting your channels not working and the XRE error. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.