Community Forum

XR8 Adaptors

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: XR8 Adaptors

@geek46 wrote:

When I originally PM's my request, it went UNANSWERED as well.... not IGNORED...  can you imagine personally replying to over a couple hundred PM's that you will get to them but for some reason you cannot now?   At those moments,  silence is golden.

Try to be patient, if you sent the request, it will be filled when it can be filled! 

Doesn't solve my problem.  I have one TV sitting on a dresser instead of on its wall-mount, which sits unused in my garage.  Why?  Because the boxes, which were advertised as having aim-anywhere, do not unloess you get this little thingie, which Comcast does not include.  It is not available on the Comcast web site.  If you call CS for the thing that makes the box work as advertised, CS does not know what you are talking about, then "escalates" you and then tells you that your two choices are to drive in excess of ten miles and hope that your service center has the thing that makes your unit work as advertised, and if they don't your last resort is to purchase it from eBay or Amazon, which this thread among others makes clear is unreliable at best.  

If you PM the "Comcast employee" to ask for the device, your message is ignored.   You say it may be unanswered yet addressed.  this may be true, but how am I to know the difference?

Comcast's behavior gives me the right to presume ill intent in everything that Comcast does, since even one instance of dishonesty (like advertising a function that does not actually come out of the box), is sufficient to presume that everything the company ever says or does or has ever said or done is dishonest, unless accompanied by proof beyond reasonable doubt that there was no dishonesty.

Silence is golden = shut up in the face of dishonesty.  My position is that the squeaky wheel gets oiled, and I'm getting ready to squeak loudly in a court of law, unless I hear today from Comcast, by 3:00PM CDT.  

Expert

Ok.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

ComcastNick, thanks for hooking my elderly parents up with a couple of the adapters. Kudos to you, much appreciated!!

ItDontWork4Me, dude, did you stop to think ComcastNick has days off or vacation time. Pretty sure out of 5 pages of requests, no one has complained but you. What court of law are you talking about Judge Judy?Put your wall mount up, put your tv up and leave the box on the dresser and go on with your day. SMH

Frequent Visitor

If a company advertises something, it has committed under the law to deliver it.  Failure to do so violates the Consumer Fraud Act in my state, and the FTC Act Section 5 makes that unlawful anywhere in the country.

Official Employee

Hi,

Nobody's request is being ignored. I usually just grab all of the requests over a few days period, and send them out in bulk on a day where things aren't super-hectic. I have to look up every single person that is requesting's account number, record their information, create shipping labels off of it, grab the XR8s, and individually mail each customer how many they asked for. It takes a little bit of time, but I assure you nobody is being ignored. I just prefer to do it in bulk. I don't respond to PM, instead I just notify on here saying that anyone who has asked for them should be receiving them shortly, in periodic updates.

My apologies if there was a different expectation set. I understand that the time to wait for them is frustrating, and I DEFINITELY understand that the process (or lack thereof) is not great to begin with. We are still working to get the XR8s available in all areas and service centers so that you don't have to just stumble upon them here. I will try to find an update on this endeavor as soon as I can.

In the meantime, today happens to be one of those days where I am gathering the XR8s to ship out. That said - 

If you have posted on this thread or sent me a PM asking for XR8s since my last post on this thread, the XR8s you have requested have been shipped to you.

Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@ComcastNickM wrote:

Hi,

Nobody's request is being ignored. I usually just grab all of the requests over a few days period, and send them out in bulk on a day where things aren't super-hectic. I have to look up every single person that is requesting's account number, record their information, create shipping labels off of it, grab the XR8s, and individually mail each customer how many they asked for. It takes a little bit of time, but I assure you nobody is being ignored. I just prefer to do it in bulk. I don't respond to PM, instead I just notify on here saying that anyone who has asked for them should be receiving them shortly, in periodic updates.

My apologies if there was a different expectation set. I understand that the time to wait for them is frustrating, and I DEFINITELY understand that the process (or lack thereof) is not great to begin with. We are still working to get the XR8s available in all areas and service centers so that you don't have to just stumble upon them here. I will try to find an update on this endeavor as soon as I can.

In the meantime, today happens to be one of those days where I am gathering the XR8s to ship out. That said - 

If you have posted on this thread or sent me a PM asking for XR8s since my last post on this thread, the XR8s you have requested have been shipped to you.

Thanks!

you are the best! (no, I don't need one)

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@jewise2 wrote:

Why shouldn't we look to Comcast? it's their equipment, they launched it with no eyes for the ir extender port, they should suppy the xr8 if they want our business. And they have no problem taking my $$$ every month!

jewise2, how many XR8 adapters would you like?  I'll get some sent to you Monday morning.

I have the adapter.  It came with the x1 and the xr5.  It still won't work and when I follow the instructions it disables the remote.  Worse yet when I called for help I talked to 4 different techs and they didn't even know shat I was talking about.  How do I get help??????

Regular Contributor

Has anyone successfully paired using the xr8?

Silver Problem Solver

I suspect at least 100 XR8 adapters have been sent out.  Those must have worked, because no one has said they didn't.

BUT - there are XR8 adapters on ebay that don't work.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

I received three from Nick. Installed all three in less than 10 minutes. They work great.

Frequent Visitor

Ok... Let's see what happens.
Gold Problem Solver

Please stop.

In the grand scheme of things and considering all of the negativity you have posted in this forum, consider yourself lucky if you get your XR8s.

Yes the XR8 situation could and should be much better. That is obvious. But it is what it is. Sorry if that wasn't good enough for you.

ItDontWork4Me wrote:

Regular Contributor

@RickGr4 wrote:

Please stop.

In the grand scheme of things and considering all of the negativity you have posted in this forum, consider yourself lucky if you get your XR8s.

Yes the XR8 situation could and should be much better. That is obvious. But it is what it is. Sorry if that wasn't good enough for you.

@ItDontWork4Me wrote:

Well, this is what happens.  There are apparently multiple models of the x1 box.  The RNG150 will work with the xr8.  However, I was shipped model PR150.  Even though the XR8 was included with the shopment, it doesn't seem to pair.  Why included something that doesn't work.  Why not inform any one of the 4 techs I spoke with today what the correct information is.  It seems to me that all these boxes should work the same.  

Official Employee

@mars21 wrote:

Well, this is what happens.  There are apparently multiple models of the x1 box.  The RNG150 will work with the xr8.  However, I was shipped model PR150.  Even though the XR8 was included with the shopment, it doesn't seem to pair.  Why included something that doesn't work.  Why not inform any one of the 4 techs I spoke with today what the correct information is.  It seems to me that all these boxes should work the same.  

Hi,

Those Pace RNG150 STBs should work with the XR8s. I'll shoot you a private message to see how we can help you get them paired.

Thanks,

Nick

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hi Nick. I was wondering if you could shoot 2 of those adapters my way please? I didn't know when I ordered the remotes that they wouldn't work without an adapter on companion boxes.

Thanks for your time.

New Poster

Who do I need to contact to get an xr8 adaptor

New Poster

Just ask in this thread for the amount you need and they'll try to get them out to you.

Frequent Visitor

Way to go Nick!  I got mine yesterday! Thanks!

New Poster

Hi ComcastNick,

I just realized I need an XR8 to to be able to pair the Xfinity XR11 Voice Remote to an RNG150N set top box.  Can you please send me so I can do that and be able to use it properly.

Thanks,

Gersh

New Poster

Actually I need two of them because I have the same box down stairs in basement.

Thanks,

Gersh

Frequent Visitor

RickGr4 wrote:
Please stop.

Yes the XR8 situation could and should be much better. That is obvious. But it is what it is. Sorry if that wasn't good enough for you.

Lucky if I get what was advertised, to punish me for opening? Hmmm.

Nick is the ONLY Comcast employee to have shown integrity. I received the XR8 adapters today. I was able to immediately pair the XR5 remote in one room without incident and with perfection.

Therefore, I thank Nick for doing right by everyone in this thread.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks nick!  I got mine today!

Official Employee

@Gersh wrote:

Hi ComcastNick,

I just realized I need an XR8 to to be able to pair the Xfinity XR11 Voice Remote to an RNG150N set top box.  Can you please send me so I can do that and be able to use it properly.

Thanks,

Gersh

Hi @Gersh

Just want to make you aware that even if you pair the XR11 via RF using the XR8 to the RNG150 Set-Top-Box, voice functionality is NOT supported by that device. Only the DVR's and Xi3s support voice functionality. 

I'll still send you the ones you requested, just thought I'd let you know.

Official Employee

Anyone who has asked for an XR8 in this thread or by PM to me since my last post has been shipped what they requested.

Thank you!

Official Employee

Thanks for taking care of everybody Nick!!

Frequent Visitor

Hi Niick, If possible, could I please have 1 XR8 Aim Anywhere Adapter, for my RNG150 box.

Regular Visitor

hi Nick, got my XR8 adapters yesterday. Thank you for the quick response and great service! I was able to pair 2 of them in less than a min but having problems with the 3rd one. It paired up with the XR8 adapter fine but after its paired the X1 system is unresponsive to that XR5 remote. The remote will work on the TV still but nothing on the X1 box. I know its paired to that XR8 adapter because when I press the buttons on the remote the red LED light on the adapter will light up. I tried repairing it but still having the same problem. Do you know whats going on with that? Thanks! 

p.s. the XR5 remote that's not working will have 1 green flash followed by 1 red flash from the led at the top of the remote after I press a button. 

Regular Contributor

Basic
I had the same problem. I found the XR8 was defective. As soon as I switched it out it worked.
Silver Problem Solver

Evidently, we can now buy an XR8 adapter at the Comcast Store.  I prefer the free ones we get here. <g>

http://store.comcast.com/xr8-aim-anywhere-adapter/detail.php?p=763041&v=comcast_accessories

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

I have my XR8 adapters working with the older, backlit, remotes but what about the voice remote?  I cna pair the voice remote but I cannot use the voice control.  Does the voice remote work on the satellite boxes?

Regular Contributor

It only works on the main boxes
Official Employee

Voice control is compatible with the X1 dvr and Xi3 ( different type of satellite box )

New Poster

Hello, could you please ship one XR8 adaptor to me? Thank you very much

Frequent Visitor

You can download the Xfinity TV app for android on your phone or tablet and use the voice control

furnished to work with your RNG150N's. Works great !!

Regular Visitor

unfortunately I've tried pairing the other 2 adapters and remote to the 3rd X1 box and it does the same. Tried pairing all 3 adapters/remotes with the 2 working boxes and they all work fine so only conclusion is the 3rd X1 box is no good. So unless theres some special instructions this issue I'm going to request a new box from Comcast. Thanks for the input guys. 

Silver Problem Solver

Good job of testing.

Regular Contributor

Did you unpair tthe adapters before you switch them
Regular Visitor

Just got replacement box pr150bnm with xr5 remote...after countless hours of researching and numerous frustrating phone calls inquiring why I couldn't pair xr5 remote with my box I stumbled upon this site...it seems like the pairing can be done with this xr8 adapter...therefore I am requesting one
twiggyo
Official Employee

Anyone who has asked for an XR8 in this thread or by PM to me since my last post has been shipped what they requested.

Thank you!

New Poster

Hi Nick - could I get one XR8 adapter as well?  Thanks for helping everyone out!

Regular Contributor

The rx8 that I switched out has now stopped working. Can I get a new one?
New Poster

I actually went into an Xfinity location (Bellevue, WA) and they had the adapters for free.  It turns out that the box I have actually has the adapter built into it.  The model number on the bottom is MX011ANM.

Regular Visitor

Do these work with the RNG110?
Silver Problem Solver

This forum says it will.  

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29027940-Comcast-Equip-New-XR8-device-will-allow-older-STBs-to-use-...

Regular Visitor

I had seen that but the most current user manual only lists the RNG150N. Anyone tried it with the 110?
New Poster

Hey Nick,

On your next shipment, could I snag two of your XR8s? 

Thanks!

Michael

Valued Contributor

Hello!  Our allotment of XR8 adapters has been depleted.  We will no longer be distributing them via the forums and this thread will be closed.  You now have two options for obtaining the adaptors.  You can now head to the link below and order XR8 devices through our store (the cost covers shipping): 

http://store.comcast.com/xr8-aim-anywhere-adapter/detail.php?p=763041&v=comcast_accessories

OR

You can head to your local service center and request the XR8 at the walk up desk.  If you have issues with either of these options, please send a private message to ComcastNeal or ComcastNickM.  Thanks!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon