Community Forum

XR8 Adaptors

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: XR8 Adaptors

received 4 from comcast a few days ago...thanks much nick
New Poster

Thanks, Nick! Got it and it works great!
Regular Visitor

Thanks for sending me the adapters I asked for arrived in less than a week UPS. Didn't think I was getting anything cause never got a confirmation that they were sending them but then today boom all of a sudden they show up. Was a nice little aftersurprise a day long of work
Regular Visitor

If possible, could I get one as well?

New Poster

If possible, could I please have 2 XR8 Aim Anywhere adapters for my new RNG150 boxes which I have inside cabinets. I currently have to leave the doors open and it looks bad in the rooms.

New Poster

i bought one from amazon. it does not work. i sent this question to the store:

the adapter seems to pair just fine with the xr5 remote, yet it does not control my set top box. the box is definately a RNG 150N. the adapter blinks when any button on the remote is pushed.  could the adapter be defective? is it possible the box is not made by Pace or Samsung? any suggestions?

here is there reply:

The receiver has to have IR Port Codes.
Have you contacted Comcast, they can check that.
Thanks

DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE

Silver Problem Solver

The XR8 adapters on ebay don't work with X1.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Hi ComcastNealm I cannot pair xr5 remote with my box. Would I nees to get the adapter? And how?
THANKS,
Gold Problem Solver

Yes I have a clue. And if you had taken time to read this thread you would too. The Amazon/eBay adapters don't work consistently or reliably. And that is not Comcast's responsibility.

But you made it to the right place. I am guessing Comcast Nick will see your post send you one.

Does anyone ever take 30 seconds to read in this forum before they post???

@nvtv wrote:

i bought one from amazon. it does not work. i sent this question to the store:

the adapter seems to pair just fine with the xr5 remote, yet it does not control my set top box. the box is definately a RNG 150N. the adapter blinks when any button on the remote is pushed.  could the adapter be defective? is it possible the box is not made by Pace or Samsung? any suggestions?

here is there reply:

The receiver has to have IR Port Codes.
Have you contacted Comcast, they can check that.
Thanks

DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE

New Poster

Can I get 2 XR8 adapters?

I had no luck with older version bought off Amazon.

Thx!
New Poster

Well thank you rickgr4 for that much needed sarcasm... As a matter of fact.. I did read the comments.. Otherwise, how else would I know that comcastneal was the problem solver... Do you work for Comcast? If you do, then why don't you solve my problem like your name says and send me an adapter? For some reason yesterday, I decided to ask that stupid question before I read it. Then it came to me, I should read the comments. But my finger magically hit the post button and voila... My comment appeared. So rickgr4, next time you'd like to throw that sarcasm out there... I'll just throw it right back. ;-) thanks for the help.. You definitely solved my problem.
Official Employee

Anyone who has asked on this post or via PM directly to me since my last post on the 15th has been shipped the XR8 adapters they've asked for.

Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Settle down Rive. Please reread my post. I was not addressing or responding to you.

That being said, I am guessing your issue IS solved... LOL. Comcast Nick get you takin care of???

Besides this XR8 has been a delicate issue around here for a long time. You haven't been around long enough to know. No reason for you to get snarky about it.

Regular Visitor

Hello Comcast Nick or other Comcast support folks,

I too need an XR8 adapter. Can you send me one, please.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and support!

New Poster

Please send me one XR8 adapter for the X1 box as well if they are still available.

Thank you.

Regular Visitor

Is it possible to have a couple XR8 adapters sent my way?  I made the mistake of calling the 800 # and getting directed to a Comcast Store (which do not stock XR8 despite the phone CSR saying they were in stock).  Then I made another mistake asking for them to be sent via phone CSR (they created a bogus order giving me a confirmation number for an order that never got created).  I should have came here first.  Do I need to PM one of the Comcast gurus here or?

New Poster

Could I get one as well?
Thanks
Jack slovic
New Poster

Hello Nick, 

May I also have one XR8 adapter for the X1 box as well if they are still available. 

Thank you, 

New Poster

Could I also get 2 adaptors? Thanks! 

New Poster

May I please have one XR8 Aim Anywhere Adapter.  I need it for my RNG150 box that I just received.  Thank you.

Not applicable

I need a couple XR8 as well.   I'm trying to finally get everything resolved here.  

Thank you

Expert

wrote:

I need a couple XR8 as well.   I'm trying to finally get everything resolved here.  

Thank you

How will you get them, if you have no user name?????   <You're a ghost???>  : )

-=Ray=-

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hey Nick,

Could I please get one XR8 adapter? Thank you! Glad I found this thread

Contributor

Could I request 2 XR8s for my 2 RNG150 companion boxes?

Does the Xi3 have RF built in like the DVRs and DTAs?

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

@joderme wrote:

Could I request 2 XR8s for my 2 RNG150 companion boxes?

Does the Xi3 have RF built in like the DVRs and DTAs?

Thanks!

The XI3 boxes should have the RF built in.  Its the RNG150 units that need the XR8 adapters to get an RF connection.

New Poster

Hi... if the XR8 adaptors will work with the PA150BNM model could I please get 1 shipped? Thank you in advance!

Terry

New Poster

Can I get 1 XR8 adapter shipped? My local service center has no idea what I am talking about.
Regular Visitor

Hello Comcast Nick or other support folks,

Can someone confirm that my rquest for an XR8 adapter has been received and processed?

If not, is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks again for your assistance and support.

New Poster

Is it possible for me to get 1 adapter?

New Poster

Apparently I need two adapters for my rng150 companion boxes if someone could please send those to me. But I don't understand why these aren't sent along with the equipment or why no one at Comcast knows what they are? Just curious.
Official Employee

Anyone who has asked for XR8s or sent me a private message asking for one since my last post on this thread has been sent one as of today. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks!

Nick 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Thank you Nick.  Do you have a supervisor we can send a kind message to about you helping us since this likely takes some time out of your day and you probably aren't rewarded for it.

Official Employee

@joderme wrote:

Thank you Nick.  Do you have a supervisor we can send a kind message to about you helping us since this likely takes some time out of your day and you probably aren't rewarded for it.

No problem at all. I actually took this over for ComcastNeal, so he is aware I am sending these out. We are working hard to get them available in service centers nationwide to make them easier to obtain.

Regular Visitor

Hi Nick, can I get 3 XR8 adapters for my RNG150 boxes please? I've had the boxes for a month now and been trying to set up the Aim Anywhere feature..not realizing I'd need the adapters to make it work. Was pulling my hairs off trying to get the 3 digit codes to pop up on my TV.. lol  If you can sent them to me please, I'd greatly appreciated it. Thank you! Smiley Happy 

Frequent Visitor

ComcastNick did great job sending me 4 XR8's. I received them UPS three days after my request. Thank you Nick, excelent service.
Frequent Visitor

I would live to have four also!
Regular Visitor

Hi, Comcast Nick!

Can I please have two of these adapters for my PACE RNG150 boxes?

Thanks so much!
Frequent Visitor

I PM'd Comcast Nick and heard absolutely nothing.  So I conducted a thorough search of the COMCAST web site and found nothing.  I then got on a chat and was told to call customer service.  The first three calls to CS I got hung up on by the VRU.  The next call the technician could not hear me and hung up on me.  Finally I got to a person.  This person had no idea what I was talking about at all!  He said that he would "escalate" my issue to get me an answer.  I'm waiting for a call back on this.

To recap:

1. PM'd Comcast Nick yesterday.  No response.

2. Searched web site for over an hour.  Nothing.

3. Chatted with a clueless person who could not find what I was talking about (the transcript is hilarious - I'll post it on Yelp and Ripoff Report), and sent me to CS

4. CS hung up on me multiple times and then finally I got to someone who was clueless and had no idea what I was talking about.  This person may or may not get back to me prior to the time my 11-year-old graduates Medical School.

This should be an easily answered question.  I should be able to type "XR8" or "aim anywhere adapter" into any search box in Comcast and be quickly directed to an ordering page.  The same should be in the Customer Service knowledge base.  To call Comcast Customer "service" pathetic viciously insults customer service operations that are merely pathetic.  

Perhaps this note repeated on Yelp and the Ripoff report might teach Comcast how to be less overtly hostile to its customers.

Gold Problem Solver

Seriously, chillax a little bit.

Nick has been responsive. Maybe not as quickly as you would like but he has been responsive.

Yes this entire doggon thing SHOULD be much better. The entire XR8 situation stands as just another embarrassment for Comcast and X1. 

HOWEVER, you landed in the right place and Nick will get you taken care of. Give him a chance to do his job...

FYI, posting on yelp and rip off report is pointless. Comcast has heard that sort of things countless times.

@ItDontWork4Me wrote:

I PM'd Comcast Nick and heard absolutely nothing.  So I conducted a thorough search of the COMCAST web site and found nothing.  I then got on a chat and was told to call customer service.  The first three calls to CS I got hung up on by the VRU.  The next call the technician could not hear me and hung up on me.  Finally I got to a person.  This person had no idea what I was talking about at all!  He said that he would "escalate" my issue to get me an answer.  I'm waiting for a call back on this.

To recap:

1. PM'd Comcast Nick yesterday.  No response.

2. Searched web site for over an hour.  Nothing.

3. Chatted with a clueless person who could not find what I was talking about (the transcript is hilarious - I'll post it on Yelp and Ripoff Report), and sent me to CS

4. CS hung up on me multiple times and then finally I got to someone who was clueless and had no idea what I was talking about.  This person may or may not get back to me prior to the time my 11-year-old graduates Medical School.

This should be an easily answered question.  I should be able to type "XR8" or "aim anywhere adapter" into any search box in Comcast and be quickly directed to an ordering page.  The same should be in the Customer Service knowledge base.  To call Comcast Customer "service" pathetic viciously insults customer service operations that are merely pathetic.  

Perhaps this note repeated on Yelp and the Ripoff report might teach Comcast how to be less overtly hostile to its customers.

Frequent Visitor

RickGr4 wrote:

Seriously, chillax a little bit.

Nick has been responsive. Maybe not as quickly as you would like but he has been responsive.

Yes this entire doggon thing SHOULD be much better. The entire XR8 situation stands as just another embarrassment for Comcast and X1. 

HOWEVER, you landed in the right place and Nick will get you taken care of. Give him a chance to do his job...

FYI, posting on yelp and rip off report is pointless. Comcast has heard that sort of things countless times.

In retrospect, I've thought it through and going to Yelp or Ripoff Report is not a good idea.  However the mayor of our village lives just down the block.  Perhaps chatting with him about revoking comcast's franchise might get us some results.

As far as Nick "doing his job,"  The PM is unanswered.

Frequent Visitor

Well, it is time for an update!  Customer service just called me back.  After the paramedics defibrillated me from the shock of actually receiving a callback, I was told:

1. Comcast has no ability to ship the XR8.  When I said that "Nick" (who has never contacted me) was shipping them and the evidence was on this forum, the rep told me that his information was accurate and this thread is wrong.

2. I have to go to my service center to ask them for the adapters.  When I asked for the phone number of the center (23 miles as the car drives from my home), I was told that there is no way to call the service center to ask; I would just have to gamble the gasoline.  If they don't know what I'm talking about, I'm SOL.

3. Failing that, I would have to buy them online from third parties.

So im summation:

1. Comcast will not give a URL where one can acquire the XR8s.

2. Customer Service refuses to give or sell them (I'd pay for these things at this point; I'm stuck in a 2-year commitment and cannot dump Comcast - I am over a barrel).

3. I have to go to a service center and hope that they have the units.  No way to verify.

4. eBay and Amazon sell units that don't work, and:

5. Nobody from Comcast has cared enough to respond to a PM or my messages in this and another thread.

Oh well. I give up on Comcast.  I will make it a mission in my life to dissuade every possible person from going to Comcast, and to cause my town to dump Comcast's franchise.  This is so disgusting that words escape me.

Gold Problem Solver

LOL. Patience young Padawan.

Nick operates outside of any box that any Comcast employee would know about except for the few that participate in the forum.

Like I said, give him a chance to do his job. Like most Americans, I highly doubt he works 24-7-365.

Besides why are you gettin so wound up? You still have TV service don't you? It's not like you don't have any picture on your TVs. LIfe has greater issues than XR8 adapters... Seriously...

@ItDontWork4Me wrote:

Well, it is time for an update!  Customer service just called me back.  After the paramedics defibrillated me from the shock of actually receiving a callback, I was told:

1. Comcast has no ability to ship the XR8.  When I said that "Nick" (who has never contacted me) was shipping them and the evidence was on this forum, the rep told me that his information was accurate and this thread is wrong. The rep you talked to was not informed.

2. I have to go to my service center to ask them for the adapters.  When I asked for the phone number of the center (23 miles as the car drives from my home), I was told that there is no way to call the service center to ask; I would just have to gamble the gasoline.  If they don't know what I'm talking about, I'm SOL. I wouldn't drive on a hunch.

3. Failing that, I would have to buy them online from third parties. At your own risk.

So im summation:

1. Comcast will not give a URL where one can acquire the XR8s. Not surprised.

2. Customer Service refuses to give or sell them (I'd pay for these things at this point; I'm stuck in a 2-year commitment and cannot dump Comcast - I am over a barrel). Not surprised.

3. I have to go to a service center and hope that they have the units.  No way to verify. I wouldn't.

4. eBay and Amazon sell units that don't work, and: Proven to be true.

5. Nobody from Comcast has cared enough to respond to a PM or my messages in this and another thread. Posting in this forum has never ever been a guaranty of a response from a Comcast employee but I think Nick hangs out here just enough to get you taken care of. Sorry if it isnt't fast enough for you.

Oh well. I give up on Comcast.  I will make it a mission in my life to dissuade every possible person from going to Comcast, and to cause my town to dump Comcast's franchise.  This is so disgusting that words escape me.

Like Comcast hasn't heard this stuff a million times before. Waste of time and breathe.

Frequent Visitor

I asked for 4 XR8's from Nick. He did not reply to my request but I did read his post fro 07-06-2015 Quote 

" Anyone who has asked for XR8s or sent me a private message asking for one since my last post on this thread has been sent one as of today. Sorry for the delay. 

Thanks! 

Nick "

I am sure he has a regular job with Comcast and does not have time to answer every request  in his spare time. What he does do is follow trough and sends the RX8's to you quickly 

free and shipps UPS on his own dime.

So quit complaining and give the man kudos that he deserves.

I believe ItDontWork4Me will be red faced when the RX8's show up in his mailbox.

Frequent Visitor

If that happens (ha!) I will be the first to come on here and notate it. I don't believe it will happen and I think that Comcast hates its customers.

Otherwise everyone would be able to handle anything immediately, call wait times would never exceed 39 seconds and there would be zero outages.
Frequent Visitor

Wow,

I have been a Comcast( used to be Time Warner) since 1983. In that period of time I can not think of a time that 

Comcast has not met my expectations to some extend.

To answer every  call in 39 seconds , do you understand how many

agent they would have have available? Have you ever called your Bank, Amazon or Micrsoft and had an answer in 39 seconds?

Sure I have been frustrated at times but Comcast has always tried to help me , maybe not the same day but always within a 

agreable period. 

Remember these people hear nasty and loud vouces all day long. I believe if you treat them with respect and calmly they will return 

in kind.

They are not God, they are not perfect. Are you ??

Frequent Visitor

Bank? Yes. Amazon, yes. Microsoft, no.

I don't care how many agents would be required to give good service. I just want the service. They are insistent that I pay them. For what? The run around? Never!

I do not allege that they must be perfect. I just ask them to relent from a flippant attitude of despising their paying customers. And that is a fair assessment of today's events as set forth above.

I expect Comcast to shut off my paid to date device to punish me for speaking out against its pure and refined evil. I do NOT expect Comcast to do anything that has even a semblance of anything less than vicious customer hatred because that is all I have seen.

Comcast must prove that it is not evil. Rapidly.
Frequent Visitor

And for the record Comcast still intentionally ignores me.
Expert

@ItDontWork4Me wrote:
And for the record Comcast still intentionally ignores me.

<begin attempted_humor> 

I'm remembering an old saying my grandmother used to say about Flies and Honey....

</end attempted_humor_>

Seriously though, have you sent a PM to the Comcast Rep who is handling these requests?  Sent a PM to anyone else?

I know for a fact that there was a 4-6 week delay in shipping our XR8's but that those who requested it did in fact receive them  ( I was included in that shipment !)

Maybe stock is low?  Maybe there'a revision coming?  Maybe a FW is required?

Good things come to those who wait!!!

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Hi. Glad you got yours. As stated above, I *did* PM the rep. My message was ignored.

I also called customer service and scoured the Comcast web site. No help at all.

Disgusting and horrible customer service is much better than what I received.
Expert

@ItDontWork4Me wrote:
Hi. Glad you got yours. As stated above, I *did* PM the rep. My message was ignored.

I also called customer service and scoured the Comcast web site. No help at all.

Disgusting and horrible customer service is much better than what I received.

When I originally PM's my request, it went UNANSWERED as well.... not IGNORED...  can you imagine personally replying to over a couple hundred PM's that you will get to them but for some reason you cannot now?   At those moments,  silence is golden.

Try to be patient, if you sent the request, it will be filled when it can be filled!