Community Forum

XR8 Adaptors

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: XR8 Adaptors

Kindly ship me xr8 adapters for my equipment.  Thank you very much.

Frequent Visitor

New here, but how can i get the adapter?

Thanks a lot,

Mike

Frequent Visitor

I couldn't find an edit button for my last post, but i need one adapter for Samsung RNG150 HD non dvr box and XR5 remote. I see where Neal can help, but I'm unfamiliar with the forum so I don't know if I can get an XR8 through here as well. If I can, I would appreciate it.

thanks,

Mike

Expert

@miket036 wrote:

I couldn't find an edit button for my last post, but i need one adapter for Samsung RNG150 HD non dvr box and XR5 remote. I see where Neal can help, but I'm unfamiliar with the forum so I don't know if I can get an XR8 through here as well. If I can, I would appreciate it.

thanks,

Mike

edit is not available until you log in (see top of each forum page to determine if logged in our not ("sign in" or "sign out"). The forum settings do not keep a cookie to keep you logged in unfortunately. to edit after logging in, select your post's 'Options" button to right of post and select Edit.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastNeal, I received the 3 XR8 adapters you sent. However, the quality control on these devices must be a problem. Of the 3 I received, only 1 works. The "Pair" button on the back of the other 2 doesn't have any freedom of movement at all and will not engage when pressed. Please send me another 2 XR8 adapters.

Thanks.

New Poster

I gave up and went on ebay to purchase one.  They have a ton on there, which is even more frustrating.  They're cheap and probably worth dealing with it on your own.  That was my choice today.  Good luck!

Valued Contributor

@whitfill wrote:

ComcastNeal, I received the 3 XR8 adapters you sent. However, the quality control on these devices must be a problem. Of the 3 I received, only 1 works. The "Pair" button on the back of the other 2 doesn't have any freedom of movement at all and will not engage when pressed. Please send me another 2 XR8 adapters.

Thanks.

whitfill, I've sent you a private message.  Thanks, Neal

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I received my xr8 adapter, thank you very much. Unfortunately on my xca-1 set top box there is no port for it to be inserted into. Bummer.
Official Employee

I received my xr8 adapter, thank you very much. Unfortunately on my xca-1 set top box there is no port for it to be inserted into. Bummer.

It's only meant for the secondary boxes.
Look on the back of your xr2 remote for instructions on how to pair it to your dvr

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Valued Contributor

@zmonson wrote:

Hi zmonson.  The XR8 is only compatible with your RNG150 companion box.  The DVR (in your case it is an Arris box) has the AimAnywhere technology built in!  Please follow the directions below to pair the remote with your DVR:

1) Turn on the TV and cable box

2) Point the remote at the front of the cable box and press and hold setup on the remote (bottom left) until the remote's power light turns solid GREEN

3) Let go of the setup button

4) Press "Xfinity" once and let go while still pointing at the front of the cable box.  You should see the pairing screen come up on your TV.  If it does not after two or three seconds, press Xfinity again.

5) Enter the three digits displayed on the TV and press Enter

6) Your remote is now paired to the DVR set top box!

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I would like one of these adapters also. Do we get charged xtra for it?
Silver Problem Solver

@DebL1 wrote:
I would like one of these adapters also. Do we get charged xtra for it?

Not if ComcastNeal sends one to you.  Did you read all the posts in this thread?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Hello ComcastNeal-  Can I get two of the XR8 adapters for my two RNG150 boxes?  I love how the RF feature works on my X1 DVR!

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

I received the xr8 adapter for my boxes.....as a result of posting....and perhaps as a result of ComcastNeal.

In any event, I am a happy camper as my problem of changing channels for a receiver hidden behind a kitchen cabinet door has resolved with use of the XR 8 adapter.

Thanks and good luck to other writers on this forum topic.

Frequent Visitor

I was directed to this thread from the X1 remote page by Comcast Andrew. I have 3 TVs that the remotes can't be paired with. The main DVR and TV are fine. I also have a 60" Sharp Aquos, a 42" Visio non-smart tv, and a 42" Visio smart tv. Do I need what this thread is talking about in order to get the remotes to work?

Silver Problem Solver

@cgacfox wrote:

I was directed to this thread from the X1 remote page by Comcast Andrew. I have 3 TVs that the remotes can't be paired with. The main DVR and TV are fine. I also have a 60" Sharp Aquos, a 42" Visio non-smart tv, and a 42" Visio smart tv. Do I need what this thread is talking about in order to get the remotes to work?

The XR8 would be used with the RNG150 Companion for pairing.  If you have any DVR's that are hidden, they would also need XR8's.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

The XR8 would be used with the RNG150 Companion for pairing. If you have any DVR's that are hidden, they would also need XR8's.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

Robert
1. Theres no port for an Xr8 on an X1 dvr
2. Pairing is built in with the dvr through the remote

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver Problem Solver

Andrew, I came back to correct that.  Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Does the IR Ext port on the back of the RNG150 need to be activated in my local market for the XR8 to work? I purchased an XR8 off ebay and sync'd it with a XR5 remote. Everytime I press a button on the remote, I see the red Xfinity logo light up on the XR8 but the RNG150 does not respond. Any ideas? 

Expert

@User_Name wrote:

Does the IR Ext port on the back of the RNG150 need to be activated in my local market for the XR8 to work? I purchased an XR8 off ebay and sync'd it with a XR5 remote. Everytime I press a button on the remote, I see the red Xfinity logo light up on the XR8 but the RNG150 does not respond. Any ideas? 

did you try a power un-plug reboot of the rng150?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your respond. Yes, I un-plug the power and the box is still not registering buttons pressed on the remote. Does the RNG150 require a specific firmware version to work with the XR8?

Official Employee

Thanks for your respond. Yes, I un-plug the power and the box is still not registering buttons pressed on the remote. Does the RNG150 require a specific firmware version to work with the XR8?

Silver Problem Solver

Do the Xi3 boxes have RF pairing built in like the DVRs, or do they also require the RF adapter? I haven't encountered an Xi3 box yet so really haven't had a change to just try it.

Official Employee

Do the Xi3 boxes have RF pairing built in like the DVRs, or do they also require the RF adapter? I haven't encountered an Xi3 box yet so really haven't had a change to just try it.

Yes the Xi3 does have RF pairing capabilities.

Valued Contributor

@User_Name wrote:

We no longer distribute the XR8 adapter version that you have.  It had a defect.  I've been seeing a huge amount of these bad XR8 adapters being sold on eBay lately.  I recommend that people NOT purchase these devices on eBay as they will not work properly.  The XR8 we provide is much different from the ones found on eBay.  Sorry for the troubles you've had but you might consider getting a refund for your bad XR8.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Hi Neal,

I just set up my RNG150s... and realized the lack of pairing. I really only need one adapter for one box in a closet. Do you still have some to spare?

Many thanks for the help!

Frequent Visitor

Following this thread, Comcastneal seems to be the source for XR8 adapters.  I have 4 PR150 boxes , but only need 2 XR8 adapters.  All other boxes are straight line-of-sight situations.  Could you please send 2 XR8's to me.

Thanks

Regular Visitor

Hi Neal,

Could I get two XR8 adapters as well? Many thanks.

Rob

New Poster

I need an XR-8 as well. What do I need to do?

New Poster

I need 1 xr8 adapter. Sorry for the double post.
Regular Visitor

I need two xr8 adapters. I have been looking for this answer for a while. Been wondering why my upstairs box won't pair with remotes.

Regular Visitor

Neal: can I get 2 of those x8 adptors as well. name: thomas
Regular Contributor

Neal:

Room arrangement has changed and I now need 1 more XR8 please. The last one worked great!

Dave

Frequent Visitor

How could I get 3 XR8 adapters?
New Poster

If ComcastNeal is still around, I have 2 of the companion boxes.  I'd be very happy if I could get 2 of the XR8 adaptors.

Frequent Visitor

Hoping I can still get 3 XR8 adapters? Please let me know

New Poster

Would it be possible for me to get an XR8 adapter, too? 

Thanks!

New Poster

Can I get 1 XR8 adapter?

Regular Visitor

received mine...thanks Neal!

Regular Visitor

ComcastNeal would you be able to send me two XR8s? I have plan on having my secondary boxes in a media closet. Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the courteous reply Neal. How can I go about recieving an XR8 adapter directly from Comcast? My local office does not provide them but I see users have had success receiving them here within the forum. 

Frequent Visitor

Can someone who has a working XR8 adapter please provide the model version and FCC ID that is printed on the side of the unit? thanks

Regular Visitor

Comcast Neal, 

Can I please order three XR8 devices? I would be happy to pay for them if needed. Tried calling Comcast directly but we're told unavailable. We ordered a few on eBay but they were indeed defective as previously reported in this thread. Thank you!

Regular Visitor

Comcast Neal,
Can I please order three XR8 devices? I would be happy to pay for them if needed. Tried calling Comcast directly but we're told unavailable. We ordered a few on eBay but they were indeed defective as previously reported in this thread. Thank you!

Regular Visitor

ComcastNeal,

Same here - need 3 of these to finish out a whole home AV install at my home!  Can you help? Local office said no, installer said try local office, Comcast 800 said they cant find it!!  Nuts..

Thank you for at least looking into it, as you have for so many.

TR118

New Poster

ComcastNeal: XR8 Adaptors

Is it possible to get 1 XR8 Thanks Comcast Neal

New Poster

Re: ComcastNeal: XR8 Adaptors

Hi Neal can I get 2 of the xr8 please? thank you.

New Poster

Can I have 2? I have spend hours on Cutomer Support and visited the local store only to be told that they are not available.  But I note they are available on Amazon and Ebay.

Regular Visitor

It would be great to get on this list as well. I have two "JD PR150BNMD" set top Cable Boxes and two "XR5" Remotes to pair. Thank you again so much in advance.

David