Community Forum

XR2v3 Remote

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

XR2v3 Remote

I just had an X1 cable box installed through Abt for a new LG TV installed and the remote that I was given with it was an XR2v3 model. Questions:

1) It has a FAV button on it, but although I can program my Favorites channels through the Guide, the button does not allow me to scroll through my Favorites channels (outside the Guide) like my old cable box used to let me do? Is there a reason for that? What's the purpose of the Fav button if it doesn't allow you to use to scroll through the channels? When I chatted with a Comcast agent online, they told me my remote might be bad so I went to the Comcast store and they swapped it out for a different one (which didn't fix the problem), but no one from Comcast has said this shouldn't work the way I thought it would.

2) I do not have a DVR...is this XR2v3 the newest remote available for X1 non-DVR users? Is there one with voice control that will work instead?

3) I went to the Comcast store because I was also told I needed to get a separate Aim Anywhere adapter to attach to my new X1 cable box. Are there newer X1 cable boxes or remotes that don't require this adapter, but have Aim Anywhere built in?

Thank you.

Official Employee

Re: XR2v3 Remote

jpce wrote:

I just had an X1 cable box installed through Abt for a new LG TV installed and the remote that I was given with it was an XR2v3 model. Questions:

1) It has a FAV button on it, but although I can program my Favorites channels through the Guide, the button does not allow me to scroll through my Favorites channels (outside the Guide) like my old cable box used to let me do? Is there a reason for that? What's the purpose of the Fav button if it doesn't allow you to use to scroll through the channels? When I chatted with a Comcast agent online, they told me my remote might be bad so I went to the Comcast store and they swapped it out for a different one (which didn't fix the problem), but no one from Comcast has said this shouldn't work the way I thought it would.

2) I do not have a DVR...is this XR2v3 the newest remote available for X1 non-DVR users? Is there one with voice control that will work instead?

3) I went to the Comcast store because I was also told I needed to get a separate Aim Anywhere adapter to attach to my new X1 cable box. Are there newer X1 cable boxes or remotes that don't require this adapter, but have Aim Anywhere built in?

Thank you.

You have the wrong remote, and really you should have an XG2 not a RNG150. That will get you an XR11 (voice remote) and a box with more functionality. You'll also be able RF pair the remote, instead of needing an Aim Anywhere adapter. Swap the box

Regular Visitor

What about the Fav button...is there such a button on the XR11 remote that you've recommended?  We really liked using that on our old TV and cable box. Also, what other functionality will the XG2 box provide for a non-DVR user?  Thank you.

Official Employee

jpce wrote:

What about the Fav button...is there such a button on the XR11 remote that you've recommended?  We really liked using that on our old TV and cable box. Also, what other functionality will the XG2 box provide for a non-DVR user?  Thank you.

Favorites are accessed through the guide button. Press the guide button 2 times and use the arrow button to filter the guide.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-guide-filter-your-guide

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-TV-Box-Comparison-DVR-vs-Non-DVR/td-p/2860183

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your responses. The FAV button on former remotes used to allow you to scroll through channels (like the CHANNEL button) only it would only scroll through those channels you've set as your favorites. I'm really looking for that function to be available without having to go into the GUIDE at all.

Official Employee

Sorry, there isn’t one.