Community Forum

XR15 Battery Life

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

XR15 Battery Life

A few months ago I retired my XR11 voice remote for the new XR15. 

The new XR15 seems to chew through batteries at twice the pace as the old XR11. 

Any feedback or setting I can adjust to help the batteries last longer? 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: XR15 Battery Life

@Tek wrote:

A few months ago I retired my XR11 voice remote for the new XR15. 

The new XR15 seems to chew through batteries at twice the pace as the old XR11. 

Any feedback or setting I can adjust to help the batteries last longer? 

there are no adjustments. if the surface the remote is on moves it might activate the LEDs more often (like a rocking chair).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

I use lithium batteries in all my remotes.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

My first thought also was the LED's come on whenever the remote is moved. However, I now believe it is the fact that the motion detection must be ON 100% of the time in order to detect the motion. We have 5 remotes and the one remote that is used (or even moved) only 10% as much as the others, only lasts a day or two longer.

Silver Problem Solver

@gread wrote:

My first thought also was the LED's come on whenever the remote is moved. However, I now believe it is the fact that the motion detection must be ON 100% of the time in order to detect the motion. We have 5 remotes and the one remote that is used (or even moved) only 10% as much as the others, only lasts a day or two longer.

Give the lithium batteries a try and let us know if they make a difference.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I’m sure Lithium batteries will last longer, but will they last 3 to 4 times longer as the price is that much more? I would rather give up the LED lighting, but that is apparently not an option.

Silver Problem Solver

@gread wrote:

I’m sure Lithium batteries will last longer, but will they last 3 to 4 times longer as the price is that much more? I would rather give up the LED lighting, but that is apparently not an option.

Just buy the fewest you can and try them and see if they work; mine did.