Community Forum

XR11 TV button powers off X1

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

XR11 TV button powers off X1

My primary X1 (gateway) cable box powers off when selecting the TV button on my XR11 remote. I only want the TV to power off with the TV button. When the primary X1 powers off, it prevents the use of the other cable boxes in the house.
Expert

Re: XR11 TV button powers off X1

gdone wrote:
My primary X1 (gateway) cable box powers off when selecting the TV button on my XR11 remote. I only want the TV to power off with the TV button. When the primary X1 powers off, it prevents the use of the other cable boxes in the house.

try unplugging the set top box for 30 seconds and then plug back in. Normally the X1 set top boxes do not turn off using the remote. You may actually have a bad remote. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately that didn't work. I have two XR11 remotes and one Panasonic TV remote. The TV power button on all three remotes power off the X1 set top box.
Expert

gdone wrote:
Unfortunately that didn't work. I have two XR11 remotes and one Panasonic TV remote. The TV power button on all three remotes power off the X1 set top box.

with your Xfinity remote press the Xfinity button > gear (settings) > Comcast labs > and set HDMI link to off. hope that fixes it. (that labs feature just puts box into standby)

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

That didn't work either. The feature was off, I turned it on and the same thing happened.
Silver Problem Solver

Reset your remote and reprogram it.

To perform a factory reset:
  1. Press the Setup button until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
  2. Press 9-8-1.
  3. The LED will blink green twice to indicate that the remote was reset.

Official Employee

Pull the hdmi cord out of the tv and power off the tv and see if the dvr still turns off?
Frequent Visitor

Yes, it still powers off with the HDMI cable out.

There are two problems.

1) The X1 turns off when the HDMI cable is plugged in, and I power off the TV from the button on the TV. So the HDMI cable let the X1 know when the TV powers off, and it powers off.

2) The TV button on the remote powers off the X1 even after a reset of the remote and a restart of the X1.  And even with no HDMI connected.

Frequent Visitor

I reset the remote, and it still powers off the X1.  Smiley Sad  This box worked fine ever since it was installed.  I just moved it from on room to another, and the problem started.

Regular Visitor

I would actually consider this a feature and a huge improvement to the issues with the X1.

Could you please share the code you're programming so others who want to turn off the box can set it?

Frequent Visitor

It's not a feature when it disables the other settop boxes in the house.  This is annoying.

Gold Problem Solver

If you moved your X1 boxes to different rooms, did you move the remotes with them?

Any time you move X1 boxes the remotes will need to be reprogrammed in one way or another.

Have you considered asking Comcast to send a tech out? Sounds like you might be in over your head...

gdone wrote:

It's not a feature when it disables the other settop boxes in the house.  This is annoying.

Frequent Visitor

Same remote. This box worked fine for 3 years. This has to be result of a firmware update.
Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Administrator
Moved:

Official Employee

Hello, gdone - I sent you a private message with the details. Please check your inbox. Thank you!