Community Forum

XG1v4 box

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

XG1v4 box

Went to my local store to exchange my box for the XG1v4 4k box. Person there just gave me another PX013AN, saying it was a 4k box. Can I request to have an XG1v4 sent to me?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 box

It is not possible to get a specific model box sent to you. You will have to go their stores to find the box you want. You cannot call.

Expert

lemonjive wrote:

Went to my local store to exchange my box for the XG1v4 4k box. Person there just gave me another PX013AN, saying it was a 4k box. Can I request to have an XG1v4 sent to me?

see this thread http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/td-p/2987898 - some Official Employee posts there request a private message and then arrange for shipping of the xg1v4.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Trying the pm route. Went back to store. This time they said 4k boxes haven't rolled out yet.
Valued Contributor

I was able to specifically request an XG1v4 last month by using the Contact Us / Chat with an agent option on the main "My Account" part of the Comcast website.  I had to specifically ask for that box and then I asked the agent to verify that the correct code for the "4K DVR Set Top Box" was entered for the order.