Community Forum

XG1v4 black screen

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: XG1v4 black screen

@RobertWy wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@tzr916 wrote:

Came home from work yesterday, switched AVR to the XG1v4 input and got sound from surround speakers but no video just black screen. Could not bring up guide or menu, nothing. Tried switching inputs on AVR, tried reseating hdmi cables on both ends. No change. Had to pull the power plug for 10 seconds to get service back.

This morning watched some 4k Olympics. Then switched AVR to HTPC for a few hours. When I switched back to XG1v4 input, got no sound and no video. Again, only way to restore is pull the power plug for 10 seconds.

Looks like I have to put this thing on a remote controlled AC Power switch. Had this box for only one week. Required hard reboot twice in the past 24hrs.

I know we all like the way our S.S. A/V used to control everthing flawlessly. But for my Samsung 3D UHD tv, the Comcast box goes to the tv. Everything else off the tv. Ended up following the Samsung manual directions. Murphy's Law: "When all else fails. Read the directions.". It ended up working for me.

The new UHD TV's have enough HDMI ports to do this.  That is what I plan to do when I get mine.

The real problem here is the conflicts found between new Samsung "Any Net" control and the older Sony "ARC" control.

Somewhat similar to finding ways to deal with Comcast Gateways and competing router/modems and WiFi router/modems. Proprietary technology and patents get in the way.

Silver Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@tzr916 wrote:

Came home from work yesterday, switched AVR to the XG1v4 input and got sound from surround speakers but no video just black screen. Could not bring up guide or menu, nothing. Tried switching inputs on AVR, tried reseating hdmi cables on both ends. No change. Had to pull the power plug for 10 seconds to get service back.

This morning watched some 4k Olympics. Then switched AVR to HTPC for a few hours. When I switched back to XG1v4 input, got no sound and no video. Again, only way to restore is pull the power plug for 10 seconds.

Looks like I have to put this thing on a remote controlled AC Power switch. Had this box for only one week. Required hard reboot twice in the past 24hrs.

I know we all like the way our S.S. A/V used to control everthing flawlessly. But for my Samsung 3D UHD tv, the Comcast box goes to the tv. Everything else off the tv. Ended up following the Samsung manual directions. Murphy's Law: "When all else fails. Read the directions.". It ended up working for me.

The new UHD TV's have enough HDMI ports to do this.  That is what I plan to do when I get mine.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

@tzr916 wrote:

Silver Problem Solver

I got a black screen because the power brick was not completely plugged in at both ends.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

XG1v4 black screen