Community Forum

XG1v4 TV Box Settings

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box Settings

@Rustyben wrote:

@pupadorn wrote:

Samsung UN55 JS700DF

i read through your manual PDF as well as Samsung's site on specs. It does not reference any HDCP level (like 2.2). have you tried putting the set top box directly to HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 and see if you can play then run the Netflix app and see if 4k titles are displayed in the menu?

It looks like this TV does not support HDCP 2.2 which is required to have 4k on this box for netflix.  I  could not find it in this review

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/js7000

Expert

@pupadorn wrote:

Samsung UN55 JS700DF

i read through your manual PDF as well as Samsung's site on specs. It does not reference any HDCP level (like 2.2). have you tried putting the set top box directly to HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 and see if you can play then run the Netflix app and see if 4k titles are displayed in the menu?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

@pupadorn wrote:

Samsung UN55 JS700DF

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201512/20151210090904492/ENG_US-HMUATSCJ-1.318-1203.pdf

Your answer may be found on page 109 and/or 151

Frequent Visitor

Samsung UN55 JS700DF

Official Employee

What’s the model number?
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help but at this point I could find nothing in the manual about 4k ports. I did find a reference on changing color mode to UHD but that indicated it was to be used for sports mode only. Will contact Samsung for more info.

Thanks again

Expert

You need to have an HDMI cable that's high speed capable, AND the HDMI port on your TV must support 4k @ 60 Hz. 

On my Vizio M55-C2,  for instance, I only have one port (HDMI 5) that's 4k @ 60Hz capable, and my XBox One is already on it. The others can only do 4k @30 Hz, which is what my XG1v4 box is set to, and so is my Apple TV 4k. 

For most purposes 30Hz is OK, but you might see lag, especially with fast action scenes like in sports... so it becomes a tradeoff of resolution vs frame rate. 

Comcast Experts are other customers who volunteer their time helping on the forum and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
Unless so specifically stated, my opinions written herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast, its official employees or affiliates.
Official Employee

The ports are labled: HDMI 1 STB/DVI, HDMI 2 MHL, HDMI 3 ARC and HDMI 4

None indicate for 4k
_________
Look at your manual, it will tell you which port(s) are 4K
Silver Problem Solver

@pupadorn wrote:

The ports are labled:  HDMI 1 STB/DVI,  HDMI 2 MHL, HDMI 3 ARC and HDMI 4 

None indicate for 4k

A search of your user manual should mention 4k or UHD or something like that.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

The ports are labled:  HDMI 1 STB/DVI,  HDMI 2 MHL, HDMI 3 ARC and HDMI 4 

None indicate for 4k

Official Employee

Check your tv manual, or the labels of the HDMI ports. All HDMI ports are not necessarily 4K and some tvs the 4K ports have to be activated.
Frequent Visitor

Yes I have a new Samsung 4k TV. What do you mena by 4k hdmi port? Arent all of the ports on the TV hdmi the same?

Thanks

Official Employee

Do you have a 4K tv and if so, do you have it in a 4K hdmi port?
Frequent Visitor

XG1v4 TV Box Settings

Picked up new XG1v4 TV Box today for my new Ultra4kTV. Tried to set it to the best option ( 16.9 216 p60 4k UHD ) but it will not set. Only highest setting I can get is 16.9 1080p60 HD, what am I doing wrong??