Community Forum

XG1v4 - Setting up a Universal Remote

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

XG1v4 - Setting up a Universal Remote

I have recently upgraded to the XG1v4 box and was able to pair the Xfinity supplied remote with no issues. I also have a new Samsung QLED TV with the Smart One Remote as well as a Bose universal remote. When setting up the XG1v4 through the QLED TV, this particular model does not exist in the on screen setup for connecting the remote. I suspect it will come out in a future firmware upgrade to the QLED, but in the meantime, I have no way of controling the XG1v4 with anything but the Xfinity remote. Does anyone know what the programing code for the XG1v4 is or know of a way to program a universal remote to control the cable box? It would be nice to be able to control all the devices through a single remote. I also have a Bose Soundtouch 300 soundbar, which works well, although I do get periodic disconnects throught the HDMI ARC port. But my biggest problem is standardizing the remote units. Thanks for any assistance on this matter... 

Expert

Re: XG1v4 - Setting up a Universal Remote

u999mdm wrote:

I have recently upgraded to the XG1v4 box and was able to pair the Xfinity supplied remote with no issues. I also have a new Samsung QLED TV with the Smart One Remote as well as a Bose universal remote. When setting up the XG1v4 through the QLED TV, this particular model does not exist in the on screen setup for connecting the remote. I suspect it will come out in a future firmware upgrade to the QLED, but in the meantime, I have no way of controling the XG1v4 with anything but the Xfinity remote. Does anyone know what the programing code for the XG1v4 is or know of a way to program a universal remote to control the cable box? It would be nice to be able to control all the devices through a single remote. I also have a Bose Soundtouch 300 soundbar, which works well, although I do get periodic disconnects throught the HDMI ARC port. But my biggest problem is standardizing the remote units. Thanks for any assistance on this matter... 

is there any x1 remote listed for xfinity?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes there are numerous models for the X1 all the way up through XG1v3, tried all of them and also searched under Arris using the Arris model number, tried them all, but none will control the v4 box, that I could find...

Silver Problem Solver

u999mdm wrote:

Yes there are numerous models for the X1 all the way up through XG1v3, tried all of them and also searched under Arris using the Arris model number, tried them all, but none will control the v4 box, that I could find...

Contact Logitech and ask them to add the v4 box to their support.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

u999mdm wrote:

the xg1v4 uses the same remotes (xr11, xr15) so the codes are the same for all the X1 set top boxes. Some have commented that the device is 'very weak' in seeing IR remote signal (IR receiver window is in front bottom right hand corner of the actual box).

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

The new 4k box from xfinity that uses the xr15 remote is RF and not IR. I have a harmony remote that will not work with this box at all because the 400 dollar harmony remote only works in IR [infra-red] not RF[radio frequency]. This is very frustrating.

Expert

@Ch19 wrote:

The new 4k box from xfinity that uses the xr15 remote is RF and not IR. I have a harmony remote that will not work with this box at all because the 400 dollar harmony remote only works in IR [infra-red] not RF[radio frequency]. This is very frustrating.

someone gave you wrong information. The Xg1v4 works on IR (but voice won't work on IR).