Community Forum

XG1v4-A DVR box

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

XG1v4-A DVR box

I have a new XG1v4-A DVR box for use with my new 4K UHDTV.  The remote that came with it is a voice remote and has no setup button. The on screen instructions during the connection call for pressing the setup on the remote. What do I do?  Also are there any good connection and setup instructions available since the book that came with the box is very limited.

Valued Contributor

Re: XG1v4-A DVR box

https://fccid.io/MG3-4352/User-Manual/Users-Manual-3199062.html

Try this link.

I had the same problem with the new remote.  The instructions that come with it are garbage.

Expert

Javauno wrote:

I have a new XG1v4-A DVR box for use with my new 4K UHDTV.  The remote that came with it is a voice remote and has no setup button. The on screen instructions during the connection call for pressing the setup on the remote. What do I do?  Also are there any good connection and setup instructions available since the book that came with the box is very limited.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote has the complete directions of the xr15 too (bottom half of the page). look for pairing instructions in bold print.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks.  I have it setup now after multiple calls to Customer Support and finally finding a ech who could explain it.  The remote is not as comfortable feeling as the X1 remote but gets the job done.

Silver Problem Solver

Javauno wrote:

Thanks.  I have it setup now after multiple calls to Customer Support and finally finding a ech who could explain it.  The remote is not as comfortable feeling as the X1 remote but gets the job done.

The (free) XR11 remote works with the 4k DVR.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Problem resolved for the XR15 remote.

New Poster

No, the xr11 doesn’t work automatically with the xg1v4! And it’s so much better of a remote than the xr15. I’m trying to figure out how to get it to control the xg1v4 does anybody know how to do this??
Official Employee

Press and hold Setup and press 981 (wipes out previous codes), then press and hold setup and press Xfinity button and enter the 3 digit onscreen code