Community Forum

XG1V4 not recording

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

XG1V4 not recording

I currently pay for the XG1V4 which is able to record 5 movies at once. However, I have missed multiple movies finding out later that even though they were 'scheduled', only one made it into my saved. This is the 4th time this has happened and I'm tired of missing movies I want to watch.
Expert

Re: XG1V4 not recording

@Goldbrook wrote:
I currently pay for the XG1V4 which is able to record 5 movies at once. However, I have missed multiple movies finding out later that even though they were 'scheduled', only one made it into my saved. This is the 4th time this has happened and I'm tired of missing movies I want to watch.

what set top boxes do you have in the home? depending on assortment of equipment you may be lacking available tuners at the time of recording. the xg1v4 can record up to 6 programs at one time (won't have a live channel to watch but can watch one of the channels being recorded or an on-demand program or a recorded program). some set top boxes 'borrow' a tuner from the DVR reducing the tuners available. the XG2 non-DVR has 3 tuners that are able to be loaned out that frees up tuners on the DVR. When you list your equipment, the customers here can help with suggestions so you can record up to 6 programs at one time. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: XG1V4 not recording

@Goldbrook wrote:

Keep an eye on the channels that the movies are going to be played on. For instance, you've scheduled movies on HBO, Cinemax and The Movie Channel, etc and they're not part of the package you are paying for, so they can't be recorded. You have 16 recordings scheduled over the next 10 days that aren't going to record for that reason. They're able to be scheduled but won't ever record.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!