Community Forum

XFinity TV for Surface Pro 3?????????????

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

XFinity TV for Surface Pro 3?????????????

Is there an app for the MicroSoft Surface Pro 3, to allow me the functionality of my Xfinity TV app that I have on my android.

When home, I run the android, and I can watch any live TV, from my device.

But I can only use the Web interface for my Surface Pro 3 (so far) and it behaves as if I'm not home) and can only see "on demand" stull.  NO LIVE TV.

I have been told I need an app for live TV in the home, but I can't find any. When  I go to the Surface Pro  Store, no Xfinity apps come.

Anyone know if it's possible to watch any live TV, on the Surface Pro 3, while in the home?

How?

FOLLOWUP: The Xfinity website says "ALL Devices".  I have a "device" (surface pro 3).  If I can't get live TV, via app or web page, Xfinity is engaging in false advertizing.  I can find no app to allow live TV (via Xfinity TV), for Surface Pro 3 tablets.

Their website also says, "Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge" and again, if that's a requirement for live TV, it's met.  Yet, I cannot find any such functionality, for Xfinity TV, for Surface PRO 3, windows 10, Microsoft Edge.  On demand seems to work, but not live TV, like on my android.  Their website says with my X1 system, I can watch Live TV, on ANY DEVICE (while in home), for all my programming channels.  Not true.  Tech Support couldn't show me a way, either.

Problem Solver

Re: XFinity TV for Surface Pro 3?????????????

Comcast DOES NOT have an app for Windows OS.  They do support the web interface on Windows though.  I can watch live tv on my Windows laptop, through Chrome, IE, and the new Edge browser.  Not sure why it doesn't work on the Surface Pro.  Is Flash installed on a Surface Pro?  Are you sure when connecting through the Surface Pro you are connecting to your home wifi and not one of those Xfinity public wifi's?  Just a thought.

New Poster

I'm not sure why this happened.  Might be the way I tried to access Xfinity.  I think it might have been because I accessed it through my xfinity site.

However, last night, I went to the WEB link, on the app page, and it took me to a different (but nearly identical looking website).  When I got there, the first thing it did was ask me to "name my device" so it recognized that I was using a new device.  The other webpage, didn't ask that.

After entering my device name, the web page THEN, at that link, allow me to use live video.  So it really comes down to using the right link. :-)

Does NOT work: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/

DOES work: https://xtv.comcast.net/

Both have a link for live TV but only the 2nd one works.

Thanks

New Poster

I tried that second link, but still getting an Error 403.

Pretty lame that I can't access Xfinity on my Surface Pro 3. I mean, c'mon Comcast. Wake up !!

New Poster

You can only connect to Xfinity TV To Go through an "Android device only"
Windows will not work for live TV.