Community Forum

XFINITY got rid of playback feature from computer and mobile?!?!?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

XFINITY got rid of playback feature from computer and mobile?!?!?

When I try to watch a recorded show on my computer I receive this error: Unfortunately, there’s a problem with DVR playback (NO I DONT WANT TO WATCH IT ON ON DEMAND) and then when I try to switch to my mobile app to watch it just freezes and the show does not play. I called xfinity to complain and I was told they got rid of this service... you can no longer playback recorded shows through other devices. How can this be. I pay over $200 a month for my xfinity bill and rely on the playback feature to be part of this. Were we even notified that this would no longer be available and therefore our bills adjusted for a removed feature?!?! 

Expert

Re: XFINITY got rid of playback feature from computer and mobile?!?!?

hannahchoi27 wrote:

When I try to watch a recorded show on my computer I receive this error: Unfortunately, there’s a problem with DVR playback (NO I DONT WANT TO WATCH IT ON ON DEMAND) and then when I try to switch to my mobile app to watch it just freezes and the show does not play. I called xfinity to complain and I was told they got rid of this service... you can no longer playback recorded shows through other devices. How can this be. I pay over $200 a month for my xfinity bill and rely on the playback feature to be part of this. Were we even notified that this would no longer be available and therefore our bills adjusted for a removed feature?!?! 

you can play your recordings on any smart device or on a desk/laptop using a browser to https://tv.xfinity.com/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!