Community Forum

XFINITY TV on Xbox 360

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

XFINITY TV on Xbox 360

Can I use XFINITY TV on the Xbox 360 if I am on the Blast! Plus plan? It keeps telling me that I need Xfinity internet when I try to sign in --- which I already thought I had? I think it's code 808.... I would really love to use it on my Xbox, but obviously I need some help or clarification! Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: XFINITY TV on Xbox 360

Anyone?

Official Employee

Re: XFINITY TV on Xbox 360


laurens123 wrote:

Can I use XFINITY TV on the Xbox 360 if I am on the Blast! Plus plan? It keeps telling me that I need Xfinity internet when I try to sign in --- which I already thought I had? I think it's code 808.... I would really love to use it on my Xbox, but obviously I need some help or clarification! Thanks in advance!


Do you have Xfinity Cable TV?

 

Do you have a Comcast On Demand issued box?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

Re: XFINITY TV on Xbox 360

I am on the Blast! Plus plan, so I do have both cable and internet. The description of the plan on my bill is:

"Includes Blast! Internet Service and Digital Economy

Service with Digital Converter and Streampix."

 

 I still have not gotten it to work. Thanks for your help!

Official Employee

Re: XFINITY TV on Xbox 360


laurens123 wrote:

I am on the Blast! Plus plan, so I do have both cable and internet. The description of the plan on my bill is:

"Includes Blast! Internet Service and Digital Economy

Service with Digital Converter and Streampix."

 

 I still have not gotten it to work. Thanks for your help!


Make sure your are using a D2 or D3 modem. Go to http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/ to see if your modem is compatible. 

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

Re: XFINITY TV on Xbox 360

im getting the same issue but it says im logging in with a secondary account which is false

Official Employee

Re: XFINITY TV on Xbox 360


dumdes989 wrote:

im getting the same issue but it says im logging in with a secondary account which is false


The Xfinity TV App on Xbox 360 has some very specific requirements. Please read over the whole FAQ and make sure that you meet all of them:

 

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Xbox-360-FAQ/td-p/1238627

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

Re: XFINITY TV on Xbox 360

Joe, I have Xfinity Internet 16 mbps for $29.95 that just went off 6-mo promo to $49.95. I do not have CABLE TV service. But  I have XBOX 360 Live. I am thinking about upgrading to Blast internet especially if some IP TV service is bundled in. I know this has just been launched. It is very hard to get info on what is available and for how much. 

 

Can you point me to a page where the up-to-date info is?

 

I spoke to Comcast on the phone and they don't know nuthin.

 

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: XFINITY TV on Xbox 360


Snowshoe22 wrote:

Joe, I have Xfinity Internet 16 mbps for $29.95 that just went off 6-mo promo to $49.95. I do not have CABLE TV service. But  I have XBOX 360 Live. I am thinking about upgrading to Blast internet especially if some IP TV service is bundled in. I know this has just been launched. It is very hard to get info on what is available and for how much. 

 

Can you point me to a page where the up-to-date info is?

 

I spoke to Comcast on the phone and they don't know nuthin.

 

Thanks


You will need Xfinity Cable TV to use the Xfinity TV App for Xbox. Please check out our FAQ for more information:

 

http://xbox.comcast.net/faqs.html

 

The content is what you would get on your set-top box through your TV. You will also have access to the HBOGO app if you are a HBO subscriber.

 

If you have any further questions, let me know.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

Re: XFINITY TV on Xbox 360

@Comcast Joe

 

I have Blast Plus as well, which I believe means I am NOT entitled to ON-Demand. To be clear, does that mean the Xfinity App on the XBox 360 will not work?

I have a Cable Box, and a Tivo with a Tuner Card, but neither recieves On Demaned.