Community Forum

XFINITY TV App - subscription required

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

XFINITY TV App - subscription required

Hi,

I moved my Xfinity service to a new address last week.  Now, almost every channel is locked on my iPad and computer.  I get the "subscription required" message.  I subscribe to almost every premium channel.  What do I need to do to get the app to work again?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: XFINITY TV App - subscription required

If you find out i'd love to know too. I purchased a triple play package which was installed yesterday and my apps have yet to work

Official Employee

Mithrim

New Poster

Thanks!  I have gone through all of the basics with the technical staff (deleting history, cache, uninstall/reinstall app, using google chrome, uninstalling/reinstall silverlight). 

I have since been able to get HBOGO to work by changing my zip code in my HBOGO profile.  I suspect there is a similar issue going on with Xfinity.com and the Xfinity TV app, but I can't figure out where to change my locations.  Also, I deleted all authorized devices from Xfinity.com, but they do not reauthorize when I log in with each of the devices, so that is also a likely culprit - xfinity.com isn't recognizing my devices.  I tried explaining all of this to the last tech that I talke to, but these issues didn't seem to be on their checklist....  Maybe I'll have better luck with the next person who call. 

New Poster

I am having the exact same problem. Recently transfered my service to a new address and now none of the premium channels that I subscribe to are working on my Xfinity App for Ipad or Iphone. Did you ever find a solution?

New Poster

Premium channels work on Iphone, but not Ipad. Talked to 7 different service reps, who didn't have a clue how to unlock the service. 2 in fact cut me off. I was suppose to get a call back yesterday; still waiting. Absolutely rotten customer service from Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

Hello all. Today is Sunday Nov 9, 2014 @ 8 am Eastern time. I was having this same problem. I have all the channels, but I couldn't watch anything online. Even common channels like CNN and ABC. My laptop kept saying I needed a subscription.

I called the 877 599 1845 line. Spoke to Xeanne (pronounced "Shawn") and she had me delete cookies and browsing history, and reboot my browser. She sent an application refresh signal, and now the channels are up, some aren't but she said over the next couple hours they should all be up.

Thanks to everyone who posted here - for this tip. It worked for me!

New Poster

I just had the same problem after moving so I called Comcast tech service and they transferred my user name to my new account, something I could not do on my end. Then I logged out completely and logged back in to the app. Problem solved! Great customer service actually.