Community Forum

XFINITY Sports Package needs Fox College Sports

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: XFINITY Sports Package needs Fox College Sports

Xfinity hasn't had to deal with the mass exodus from this horrible decision until now. They quietly eliminated fox college sports at the end of last football season. Now that college football is back, they will get their assess handed to them. I am switching to a package from century link (internet) and Direct TV. Direct TV has all the Fox College Sports channels. It's too bad, I've been with Comcast for a long time. This was a horrible business decision for them.
Frequent Visitor

you are probably frustrated today missing IOWA-Ok State that is showing live on FCS Pac..  Flow Wrestling Pro, a subscription product, is streaming it..  I wonder if more and more sports channels will go On Demand/OnLine to save bandwidth on cable.. 

New Poster

We'll be getting rid of the Sports package as well after the Superbowl. We watch for the college wrestling. It's really no good to us otherwise. Amazing that we still get charged the same even though there are less channels. Can't wait to drop Comcast all together.

Problem Solver

Thanks for the helpful post Again.

I was wondering why the channels were discontinued by still showing up on the TV guide on the comcast listings box.

Expert

kakok wrote:

Formal request to re-add Fox College Sports as well as networks like Fox Sports South to the sports package.  If this is not done, I plan to discontinue the sports package after the Super Bowl and restart it before the NFL season.  The two reasons I have the sports package are NFL Network and NCAA college basketball.  Without Fox Sports for college basketball, there would be no reason for me to continue the sports package until the fall.

I don't know the details but Comcast and Fox College Sports are in contract renewal negotiations, so just adding it back at the moment isn't an option.  Once the details have been worked out and a contract signed, Comcast will most likely add it back.  At this time there is no ETA for this.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

New Poster

XFINITY Sports Package needs Fox College Sports

Formal request to re-add Fox College Sports as well as networks like Fox Sports South to the sports package.  If this is not done, I plan to discontinue the sports package after the Super Bowl and restart it before the NFL season.  The two reasons I have the sports package are NFL Network and NCAA college basketball.  Without Fox Sports for college basketball, there would be no reason for me to continue the sports package until the fall.