Community Forum

X15 all on issues

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: X15 all on issues

@Brushback wrote:

Yes... flawlessly.  Even the voice isn’t working... don’t like the feel and functionality either... can you make the X11 work on the 4K box?

I had to research to find this old post that will let you read the XR11 TV code. I have not yet been able to figure out how to read the 'receiver' code. still looking. 

would you press a few buttons and retrieve the code that the search found for you? This is a 'read only' of the tv code in use. press setup until green LED turns on. press 9 9 0 (puts in read mode). press the '1' key and coun the number of flashes of the remote's LED (that is first digit). write it down, then press '2' key and count the flashes and write down as 2nd digit. repeat until you get up to 6 digits LED will end routine after last digit is 'read' using flashes. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Expert

@Brushback wrote:

Yes... flawlessly.  Even the voice isn’t working... don’t like the feel and functionality either... can you make the X11 work on the 4K box?

don't 'clear' the xr11 quite yet. there is a procedure to 'read' the code the XR11 is using successfully. did you already clear the XR11 or is it still working?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Silver Problem Solver

@Brushback wrote:

Pushing set up and Xfinity button does nothing

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

New Poster

Pushing set up and Xfinity button does nothing

New Poster

Will try that...  Not sure why... but my DVR on the new box won’t let me play what I record... says there is a problem and wants me to record a later date... while it is recording....

Official Employee

Yes, press and hold setup, LED goes from red to green, and press 987. That clears the pairing of the previous box, keeping tv and audio codes intact. Press and hold setup and press Xfinity button and enter the 3 digit code.
New Poster

Expert

@Brushback wrote:

Just received the 4K box and x15 remote... programming was easy... but the x15 won’t turn on my receiver. Controls the volume, but the all on button is gone. Is this another comcast faux pas? Called customer service and got “deer in the headlights” response. Also, voice command doesn’t work... 

do you have the previous xr11 remote that does control the audio receiver?

Official Employee

Press the A button and go to Remote settings and pick a different code for your receiver. For voice commands did you pair the remote to the box? If so, reset the box
New Poster

X15 all on issues

Just received the 4K box and x15 remote... programming was easy... but the x15 won’t turn on my receiver. Controls the volume, but the all on button is gone. Is this another comcast faux pas? Called customer service and got “deer in the headlights” response. Also, voice command doesn’t work...