Community Forum

X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule

We just moved and since moving and activating in the new home, we have lost access to all our pending recordings and also the schedule.

 

When I go to Saved > Recordings I get a message "There are no recordings yet" and when I go to Saved > Schedule I see nothing there but I also see at the top "58% full".

 

The storage message says to me that I have not truly lost the recordings but it may have something to do with my account being different in the new house than the one I had in the previous residence.

 

(I did bring my device from the old place to here, and not get a new X1)

 

The linkage between the two accounts did not happen automatically and I got chat support to get it done earlier today. Does it take some time before the DVR recognizes the linkage?

 

Anyone else move their X1 and have a similar issue? Do I keep hope that my recordings will come back?

Tags (4)
Expert

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule

did you move across town or town to town?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule

It was my understanding if you moved, you lost all saved recordings.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Problem Solver

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule


@TheRomit wrote:

We just moved and since moving and activating in the new home, we have lost access to all our pending recordings and also the schedule.

 

When I go to Saved > Recordings I get a message "There are no recordings yet" and when I go to Saved > Schedule I see nothing there but I also see at the top "58% full".

 

The storage message says to me that I have not truly lost the recordings but it may have something to do with my account being different in the new house than the one I had in the previous residence.

 

(I did bring my device from the old place to here, and not get a new X1)

 

The linkage between the two accounts did not happen automatically and I got chat support to get it done earlier today. Does it take some time before the DVR recognizes the linkage?

 

Anyone else move their X1 and have a similar issue? Do I keep hope that my recordings will come back?


Before I sent signals out I noticed in my diag tool that your hub showed that it had an empty hard drive, no space was being used.  Then after the update signals my diag tool shows the hub has 8 gigs used.  Progress

 

Please check your recordings now to see if you have access.  On my end, it shows you have 4 completed shows

 

Brandon


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule


@ComcastBrandon wrote:

@TheRomit wrote:

We just moved and since moving and activating in the new home, we have lost access to all our pending recordings and also the schedule.

 

When I go to Saved > Recordings I get a message "There are no recordings yet" and when I go to Saved > Schedule I see nothing there but I also see at the top "58% full".

 

The storage message says to me that I have not truly lost the recordings but it may have something to do with my account being different in the new house than the one I had in the previous residence.

 

(I did bring my device from the old place to here, and not get a new X1)

 

The linkage between the two accounts did not happen automatically and I got chat support to get it done earlier today. Does it take some time before the DVR recognizes the linkage?

 

Anyone else move their X1 and have a similar issue? Do I keep hope that my recordings will come back?


Before I sent signals out I noticed in my diag tool that your hub showed that it had an empty hard drive, no space was being used.  Then after the update signals my diag tool shows the hub has 8 gigs used.  Progress

 

Please check your recordings now to see if you have access.  On my end, it shows you have 4 completed shows

 

Brandon


Thanks Brandon. Those are from the recordings that we set up after moving to the new address. :-(

 

Looks like I don't see "58% full" anymore. I really, really hope I have not lost the recordings (and the schedules/prioritization) and I hope that with the cloud DVR feature which I had, it is just a matter of assigning ownership of my old recordings under my old address, to the new address.

 

The issue may be that I made someone change my account so that I kept the same username but different service address, and maybe during that transfer, something got a-miss. :-(

Contributor

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule


@Rustyben wrote:

did you move across town or town to town?


Moved less than 1 mile away from old address :-)

Problem Solver

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule


@TheRomit wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

did you move across town or town to town?


Moved less than 1 mile away from old address :-)


I'm working with some Tier2 technicians for you to get your recordings back. 

 

I'll let you know when they close your ticket.

 

You let me know when you can see your old shows!

 

Brandon


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule

Sounds good, although we are out of town for a few days so we may not see it :-(
Expert

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule


@TheRomit wrote:
Sounds good, although we are out of town for a few days so we may not see it :-(

hoping you have a smartphone, download and login to xFinity TV Remote app. you can select "more" on bottom after logging in and dvr manager and then 'my recordings'.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule

Yes I have that app and that will help. Will keep checking.
Contributor

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule

Brandon: please feel free to delete what we have on the DVR in the interim. If you cannot "merge" we won't have any issues if we lose the three or four things we have right now. What's more important obviously is the stuff we had earlier and the schedules from earlier.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule


@TheRomit wrote:
Brandon: please feel free to delete what we have on the DVR in the interim. If you cannot "merge" we won't have any issues if we lose the three or four things we have right now. What's more important obviously is the stuff we had earlier and the schedules from earlier.

Alrighty, I'll let them know.  I got some emails back today from the Tier2 technicians.  They are working on your issue.  They should make contact with you by Monday. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule

Thanks!
Problem Solver

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule


@TheRomit wrote:
Thanks!

The notes on your account show the engineers tried to call you yesterday around noon.   I know you said you'd be out of town, but I'm curious if you saw any change on your end?


I checked the DVR on your end, I saw where you've been filling it up, but I don't see any recordings prior to 11.18


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule

Right, I did not see any calls on my home #, but I have been checking my X1 TV app and it is only showing the new recordings and nothing prior to when we moved.
Contributor

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule

Just talked to level 2 tech. She said there is no way to restore the recordings.

This is absolutely unacceptable. No one told us that we will lose the recordings and the schedules. I am bummed to a point where I may actually cancel service and move back to DirecTV or Uverse. I am really disappointed that we lost the stuff and also that neither the customer support person nor the technician who installed, told us that we will be losing the recordings.

Horrible customer experience :-(
Expert

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule


@TheRomit wrote:
Just talked to level 2 tech. She said there is no way to restore the recordings.

This is absolutely unacceptable. No one told us that we will lose the recordings and the schedules. I am bummed to a point where I may actually cancel service and move back to DirecTV or Uverse. I am really disappointed that we lost the stuff and also that neither the customer support person nor the technician who installed, told us that we will be losing the recordings.

Horrible customer experience :-(

did she say someone did the 'change' incorrectly or that any moves would lose it all (even across town)?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule

Oh, I didn't ask that specifically but she said it was not possible to restore which makes me think it is a limitation and not a mistake.
Expert

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule


@TheRomit wrote:
Oh, I didn't ask that specifically but she said it was not possible to restore which makes me think it is a limitation and not a mistake.

keep checking back, comcastbrandon may be able to fix it yet or at least help determine if system or person error.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule


@Rustyben wrote:

@TheRomit wrote:
Oh, I didn't ask that specifically but she said it was not possible to restore which makes me think it is a limitation and not a mistake.

keep checking back, comcastbrandon may be able to fix it yet or at least help determine if system or person error.


We'll have to follow what Tier2 said.  It comes down to the word 'should' which is slowly becoming my least favorite word.

 

In a move when the customer takes their dvr box, the recordings should reappear.  We all know that when moving, we get new account numbers.  New account numbers mean a new XRE code.  They have to tell the old dvr box to recognize the new XRE code.  Apparently there was data corruption somewhere which caused this to fail.

 

In most cases, this process should result in customer retaining DVR assets at new home.  If Tier2 states the DVR assets are unrecoverable, there's nothing I can do.


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule

I have never posted in this forum before , but felt obligated to after reading this thread. We also had the same exact issue. Storage showing used when no recordings showed up. This whole thing was a mess and we were so frustrated we reached out to the "wecare" email address. After tech support calls, and other issues we finally discovered that after we moved the DVR code wasn't even added to our account because the package we transferred with (which was a bundle) was actually line item charged for each feature. After discovering this, DVR worked , saved programs deleted. I am not ranting , customer service has already taken care of us, however Comcast should put a disclaimer that the customer may loose recordings during the "Movers Hassle" program.
Expert

Re: X1 subscriber: moved homes and lost all recordings and schedule


@ComcastBrandon wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TheRomit wrote:
Oh, I didn't ask that specifically but she said it was not possible to restore which makes me think it is a limitation and not a mistake.

keep checking back, comcastbrandon may be able to fix it yet or at least help determine if system or person error.


We'll have to follow what Tier2 said.  It comes down to the word 'should' which is slowly becoming my least favorite word.

 

In a move when the customer takes their dvr box, the recordings should reappear.  We all know that when moving, we get new account numbers.  New account numbers mean a new XRE code.  They have to tell the old dvr box to recognize the new XRE code.  Apparently there was data corruption somewhere which caused this to fail.

 

In most cases, this process should result in customer retaining DVR assets at new home.  If Tier2 states the DVR assets are unrecoverable, there's nothing I can do.


out of the box here idea, can't they try to put in old account number so customer can watch the box and clear recordings then change?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!