Community Forum

X1 small boxes don't work at all

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: X1 small boxes don't work at all

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Official Employee

Re: X1 small boxes don't work at all

Nroundsjohnson wrote:
We had a small box that didn't work. It kept freezing, like every 30 seconds. When I called Comcast they sent a signal and said everything looked fine and that if we kept getting issues that a tech would need to come out and replace the box. We took the box in today to the Roseville store and when my wife informed the guy that we read online that these specific boxes have a lot of issues his response was, "Yeah...That's not possible." We said that there are a lot of people on the Comcast forum saying that as well as just a general search of the internet. "Well that's the internet for ya. They only focus on the bad." I told him that the big box we got works fine and then he cut me off, ""You only get one of those." Instead of dealing with this rude "customer service" person I told him to just give us another box. He gave us an even smaller box but assured us that this one only had issues with the remote losing its pairing with the box. Within 1 minute of the set being on it froze again. This time much worse than the other. As a Comcast customer should I resign myself to the fact that the boxes just don't work?!?!

There should nothing wrong with your equipment. You need a tech out to install a POE filter. The boxes use Moca to communicate. Presently, your boxes are trying to communicate with 3 boxes that aren't yours (neighbors). The POE filter is a necessity to keep your boxes services in and neighbors out. I've escalated this to a colleague to get a tech out for you.

Regular Visitor

X1 small boxes don't work at all

We had a small box that didn't work. It kept freezing, like every 30 seconds. When I called Comcast they sent a signal and said everything looked fine and that if we kept getting issues that a tech would need to come out and replace the box. We took the box in today to the Roseville store and when my wife informed the guy that we read online that these specific boxes have a lot of issues his response was, "Yeah...That's not possible." We said that there are a lot of people on the Comcast forum saying that as well as just a general search of the internet. "Well that's the internet for ya. They only focus on the bad." I told him that the big box we got works fine and then he cut me off, ""You only get one of those." Instead of dealing with this rude "customer service" person I told him to just give us another box. He gave us an even smaller box but assured us that this one only had issues with the remote losing its pairing with the box. Within 1 minute of the set being on it froze again. This time much worse than the other. As a Comcast customer should I resign myself to the fact that the boxes just don't work?!?!