Community Forum

X1 set up question

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 set up question

Thank You, I have it working now.

Official Employee

Pick one coax to put on the x1 boxes input (far left hand side when you look at the back) and then whatever you use to get to the tv. It’ll be trial and error until you get to live tv. When you get to live tv, label the coax so you know in the future.
Silver Problem Solver

Which X1 box do you have?  You should connect a coax cable to the coax in on the rear of the X1 box.  Try all coax cables until you get a signal on the TV.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

X1 set up question

Long story short , I disconnected the cables from my x1 box and can't figure out how to reconnect them. My problem is I have 3 cables comming out of one hole in the floor. One is from a roof antenna that recently had a tree fall on it and is not connected. One is Comcast and one is ?? Could be Comcast? Could be an old direct TV satellite, I just have no idea what's what. I would just test them but I don't know what the back of the box should look like when it's correctly configured.. how many cables go in? There looks to be two places they could connect Or does one go on TV and one on box? If so which place on x1? Sorry I know it's a confusing question. Thanks for any help