Community Forum

X1 remotes' battery level low notification

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

X1 remotes' battery level low notification

Recently all of my X1 remotes', XR11 and XR1, are sending a low battery notification when just 60% battery strength is remaining when I turn on TV's.
The physical test using remote keys to check battery levels, hols setup until light on remote turns from red to green than push 9-9-9 and count flashes, gives me 3 green flashes(out of max 4).
Seems overly sensitive to me. Brand New batteries will start to cause this notification within 3 weeks.
Any chance of adjusting the sensitivity of this notification? When a user has 4 TV's and they all start giving this notification constantly it is very annoying. I'm not changing batteries every 3 weeks!
Official Employee

Re: X1 remotes' battery level low notification

Hi Neverendingmods. Unfortunately we do not have this feature available. I will pass this feedback along to our Video Product Team. Thank you for your feedback. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

Yep I found the X1 remotes to eat batteries very fast.  I stopped using them and got universal units, programmed them, and only use the X1 remotes for a few items.  The universal one I now use I only have to change the batteries once a year if that,  I really think comcast has stock in the battery companies IMO. 

Silver Problem Solver

@fedup978 wrote:

Yep I found the X1 remotes to eat batteries very fast.  I stopped using them and got universal units, programmed them, and only use the X1 remotes for a few items.  The universal one I now use I only have to change the batteries once a year if that,  I really think comcast has stock in the battery companies IMO. 

Nor likely.  I haven't had to replace my batteries for months since I started using the lithium type.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

I'm getting 3 flashing green blinks on the Comcast remote when I do the .....hold setup, then 9 9 9 test. The message on TV and the "about" page in settings shows just 60% life left. 60% should give me an easy 2-3 months of use. Every time the tv is off long enough to put the cable box in it's semi sleep state, you know the wake up bumbling/stutter, it gives me the battery message on screen. It's too sensitive.
I have a habit of always holding the remotes when watching TV and this I know eats batteries with the motion sensor backlit keys. But I get 6+ months easily depending on battery type. Except bedroom TV I fall asleep with remote on me, next to me and drain battery fast.