Community Forum

X1 "free" movies?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

X1 "free" movies?

Before I "upgraded" to X1, free movies were free...no more...am I doing something wrong?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 "free" movies?

Go to On Demand>Movies then scroll down a couple of rows. I currently see 2,794 free movies available.


aggravated2 wrote:

Before I "upgraded" to X1, free movies were free...no more...am I doing something wrong?





Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 "free" movies?

But when I actually click on a particular film listed in the free section, more often than not, a price shows up! The part that I find most interesting is that if I find the same film via my Comcast App, there is often no charge. None of this makes any sense. What a great service!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 "free" movies?

Hmmm,

For testing purposes, I just started three different free movies with no issues. It worked normally.


aggravated2 wrote:
But when I actually click on a particular film listed in the free section, more often than not, a price shows up! The part that I find most interesting is that if I find the same film via my Comcast App, there is often no charge. None of this makes any sense. What a great service!




Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 "free" movies?

This morning when I tried again, the free movies were free, but I know what I saw the other day...weird, but reading this forum tells me that Comcast makes changes without announcements. Besides, what company would want to say, hey subscribers, our "free" movies are actually free!
New Poster

Re: X1 "free" movies?

I have not been able to find a free movie on demand nowadays, i go to free movies but then they want me to sign up to netflix, so basically free movies is a scam on xfinity comcast because there are no free movies on demand
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 "free" movies?

Does this happen with your X1 set-top-box or the Stream website?


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Valued Contributor

Re: X1 "free" movies?


Pillallo wrote:
I have not been able to find a free movie on demand nowadays, i go to free movies but then they want me to sign up to netflix, so basically free movies is a scam on xfinity comcast because there are no free movies on demand

The issue is discussed here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Removing-Netflix-movies-from-Free-Options/td-p/3013967

 

Netflix should have its own category

Official Employee

Re: X1 "free" movies?

3 year old thread closed