Community Forum

X1 on demand menu is horrible.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 on demand menu is horrible.

It's still terrible. I find myself watching Netflix more and a couple of my favorite cable shows. It is counterintuitive to search for any new shows or movies.
Official Employee
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 on demand menu is horrible.

Cejtebeau wrote:

I absolutely hate the on demand menu screen.  It is so very difficult to find a movie that I want to watch.  I very much preferred the bar style menu where you could sort my genre type (suspense, horror, comedy, etc.).  Now, add to the confusion that the purchase (not rent) are mingled into the menu, this is totally unacceptable.  One should be able to turn off  the purchase only videos to avoid paying for a movie that one only wants to rent.  The menu is too overwhelming and too difficult to navigate that I rented a movie off of an amazon/vudu apps rather than deal with the xfinity menu.  I will continue to use other on demand apps until this is significantly improved.  Way too difficult to deal with.  Simplify it please!!!!  This is becoming a huge pet peeve for me!

The real joke is the movie title lists (under Movies>>By Title). They have to have been populated by someone who either can't spell or doesn't know how the alphabet works. Under any of the single-letter headings you'll find titles that in no way belong under that letter. If you plan to look under Movies>>By Title for a film, allow yourself lots of time because you need to go through every line of every letter, and be ready for titles (especially at the start and end of each letter's listing) that don't belong where they are. What a joke. 

New Poster

X1 on demand menu is horrible.

I absolutely hate the on demand menu screen.  It is so very difficult to find a movie that I want to watch.  I very much preferred the bar style menu where you could sort my genre type (suspense, horror, comedy, etc.).  Now, add to the confusion that the purchase (not rent) are mingled into the menu, this is totally unacceptable.  One should be able to turn off  the purchase only videos to avoid paying for a movie that one only wants to rent.  The menu is too overwhelming and too difficult to navigate that I rented a movie off of an amazon/vudu apps rather than deal with the xfinity menu.  I will continue to use other on demand apps until this is significantly improved.  Way too difficult to deal with.  Simplify it please!!!!  This is becoming a huge pet peeve for me!