Community Forum

X1 myDVR inaccessible through browser

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

X1 myDVR inaccessible through browser

I got my X1 service installed last weekend and haven't been able to access myDVR through a browser (any browser- I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and IE on multiple computers, on and off my home network). I can set things to record through the TV and the Android app. When I try logging in through the myDVR portal, it comes back with a message that myDVR is available in my area, but it doesn't recognize a compatible DVR being installed. I can even browse TV listings and tune my TV through the website, but I can't set those programs to record. 

I've spoken to or chatted with at least a dozen analysts, none of whom have been able to do anything. I've had two service tickets created, also to no avail.

I have my own modem, which one of the early analysts thought may be the issue, leading to a service ticket. Another theory (held by two different techs) was that the DVR just needed to be synced with the servers and it'd work in two hours. Neither attempt to sync worked. Another tech tried refreshing my login information (whatever that meant).

I realize that not being able to set things to record through the website is a first world problem of the highest order, but I'm pretty discouraged here. Hopefully someone can point me in a better direction than the phalanx of techs I've already dealt with.

Contributor

Re: X1 myDVR inaccessible through browser

I have a similar problem and I'm using the newest Xfinity modem. I can set up recordings on my Android tablet and phone using the Xfinity TV Remote (not the X1 remote). Here's the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.tv

I would assume that there's a similar one for iOS.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I had exactly the same problem and also talked to many reps without resolution.  Finally they elevated my case to a higher tier and even there they had problems figuring it out.  Finally there was one tech that was able to help.  He asked me to reset my comcast password and clear all the cache and cookies on my browser.  That made the trick.  (My password was reset to a different one but after clearing the cookies and solving the problem I was able to change it back to my old password and it still worked).  Hopefully this method will help you too.

New Poster

Interesting about the password. Let me ask you this: Did you change your user name as well? Or, put another way, had you changed your user name from default before the problem arose?

Regular Contributor

No, I was always using the same username. I suspect it is more related to the cookies than the password change. But since the steps we took included changing the password, that is why I suggested to follow the same steps. You could also try logging out from comcast and clearing the cookies only (clear all the cookies, not only those with xfinity and comcast in their names).
New Poster

No luck for me, unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though.