Community Forum

X1 is slow to respond

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

X1 is slow to respond

Hello -

For the past few months, our X1 box has been incredibly slow to respond to any remote command. For example, changing the channel, entering a channel number, going to the guide, etc. takes about 10s or so on average from button pressed to the box actually doing anything. We've done the full power cycle, system reset, and it will be ok for maybe an hour or so it seems then right back to being really slow. 

Expert

Re: X1 is slow to respond

@rylock317 wrote:

Hello -

For the past few months, our X1 box has been incredibly slow to respond to any remote command. For example, changing the channel, entering a channel number, going to the guide, etc. takes about 10s or so on average from button pressed to the box actually doing anything. We've done the full power cycle, system reset, and it will be ok for maybe an hour or so it seems then right back to being really slow. 

call 800-Comcast and select TV. Ask the agent to run the Interactive Troubleshooting Guide (einstein) and determine the issues. the tool may say you need a home service call to resolve signal coming into your home or that are happening within your home.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: X1 is slow to respond

Hi, rylock317 - I received your private message regarding new DVR and will reply back in PM. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!