Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

X1 error XRE-0002?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

X1 error XRE-0002?

I keep getting the above error msg...did a search on the site and nothing about it. I've called Comcast twice and rebooting and sending signals have not fixed the issue. I just swapped out an older box for the x1 and changed services. The older dvr box worked fine...x1 has yet to work. Comcast scheduled a tech but I'd like to avoid any fees they'll try to charge me. I just can't get past "connecting to live tv"

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: X1 error XRE-0002?

Guess I was too impatient- it's decided to work now. Sorry to bother you.

All Replies
Expert

Cjappleking wrote:
I keep getting the above error msg...did a search on the site and nothing about it. I've called Comcast twice and rebooting and sending signals have not fixed the issue. I just swapped out an older box for the x1 and changed services. The older dvr box worked fine...x1 has yet to work. Comcast scheduled a tech but I'd like to avoid any fees they'll try to charge me. I just can't get past "connecting to live tv"

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

That error means the box isn't pulling an IP address. There's no fees involved if it's equipment related. Signal levels are good and I'm sure they had you reset the box multiple times
Gold Problem Solver

I am not familiar with that particular error code but if what Andrew says is correct (I am sure it is) then unplug and reboot every single device in your house that is connected to the internet. Especially your X1 boxes, modem and router.

If that doesn't help you may have a bad box or signal related issues that may require a tech visit to resolve.

Cjappleking wrote:

Gold Problem Solver

Also, you may want to verify that you have a properly installed MOCA filter.
Official Employee

Hello, I would like to look into this issue for you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

New Poster

I am getting the same XRE-0002 same message on two of my boxes. Just had Comcast new customer install on Sept 2 so I'm very disappointed already having issue. I did a reset and it corrected one box. Do I need to request a tech to come out.

Chereta 

<removed all personal information>

Official Employee

Br116 wrote:

I am getting the same XRE-0002 same message on two of my boxes. Just had Comcast new customer install on Sept 2 so I'm very disappointed already having issue. I did a reset and it corrected one box. Do I need to request a tech to come out.

Chereta 

<removed all personal information>

If you look at the modem is the moca light on? It's on the back by the coax input.

New Poster

Guess I was too impatient- it's decided to work now. Sorry to bother you.
New Poster

I am getting the same issue.  I have restarted 10 times.  Wifi is working fine.  Should I return the box?