Community Forum

X1 display

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 display

I know they don't.  That's the problem.

They should.  They take steps backwards instead of forward.

Silver Problem Solver

I put a cheap night-time clock next to my 4k box; works great when the lights are turned off.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

@Markjd wrote:

wrote:

I have an X1 DVR box that doesn't display the channels or the time.  No time shown is annoying. I am hoping they will update the boxes. 

Yes, that really is stupid.  With what we pay for these boxes besides.  At least you can always put a clock next to the TV, but when you want to know what channel you are watching, you have to always grab the remote.  I remember way back when the cable box displayed BOTH time and channel.

Come on Comcast.... get with it!  Give your customers what they want.

The industry no longer supplies a clock on the set top boxes.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

wrote:

I have an X1 DVR box that doesn't display the channels or the time.  No time shown is annoying. I am hoping they will update the boxes. 

Yes, that really is stupid.  With what we pay for these boxes besides.  At least you can always put a clock next to the TV, but when you want to know what channel you are watching, you have to always grab the remote.  I remember way back when the cable box displayed BOTH time and channel.

Come on Comcast.... get with it!  Give your customers what they want.

New Poster

Frequent Visitor

I know you can press the remote to see the channel number being viewed, but that's my point.  Why should I have too?  Would be nice to just look up and see it without always having to always have the remote in my hand.

Thanks.

Expert

@Markjd wrote:
Why can't Xfinity update our x1 boxes to be able to display the channel you are watching instead of the time? It doesn't seem like that would be so hard to do. Most of us have a clock available in our viewing room. Even our old DVR allowed us to have a choice. We pay a premium for the x1 and no choice, come on comcast!

the display won't be on any new boxes at all. the channel appears by pressing info or the right button

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

X1 display

Why can't Xfinity update our x1 boxes to be able to display the channel you are watching instead of the time? It doesn't seem like that would be so hard to do. Most of us have a clock available in our viewing room. Even our old DVR allowed us to have a choice. We pay a premium for the x1 and no choice, come on comcast!