Community Forum

X1 companion Box wont start up

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: X1 companion Box wont start up

Hi nykole215, Error code 03036 means there is no Moca network found. This can be caused by a lose cable or a faulty Moca filter on the back of the cable box which is why not all of the equipment is experiencing this problem. I responded to your private message please reach back out to me there. 

Expert

Re: X1 companion Box wont start up

@nykole215 wrote:

I have a total of of 5 boxes. 1 main box and 4 companion boxes. The main box and 3 of the 4 other boxes work fine.. internet and phone work fine. The problem is that one of my boxes that was previously working fine now wont turn on. Here is what happens.. I turn on the tv and plug up the box (cable cord from wall to box, hdmi to back of tv), the box blinks and acts like its turning on, the tv says connecting to x1 platform and the the box light goes off.. and I have recieved error message RDK-03036. Let me tell you what I have already tried.... 1. everything xfinity call center told me (turn off, turn on, sent signals, all that) 2. changed the box out and got a new one from xfinity store. 3. I bought a long cable cord and ran it from the next room that works fine to see maybe if it was the cable cord connection... still didnt work. 4. i got a box out of one of my other rooms and plugged it up in the one that doesnt work and it still doesnt work.  Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

you didn't state any model numbers but it sounds like the outlet has the problem and is either not connected OR the MoCA signal is not passing into that outlet. If you have a DVR you would need an Xg2 companion set top box to provide tuners to the other 3 companion set top boxes leaving all your tuners available on the DVR for recording programming.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

X1 companion Box wont start up

I have a total of of 5 boxes. 1 main box and 4 companion boxes. The main box and 3 of the 4 other boxes work fine.. internet and phone work fine. The problem is that one of my boxes that was previously working fine now wont turn on. Here is what happens.. I turn on the tv and plug up the box (cable cord from wall to box, hdmi to back of tv), the box blinks and acts like its turning on, the tv says connecting to x1 platform and the the box light goes off.. and I have recieved error message RDK-03036. Let me tell you what I have already tried.... 1. everything xfinity call center told me (turn off, turn on, sent signals, all that) 2. changed the box out and got a new one from xfinity store. 3. I bought a long cable cord and ran it from the next room that works fine to see maybe if it was the cable cord connection... still didnt work. 4. i got a box out of one of my other rooms and plugged it up in the one that doesnt work and it still doesnt work.  Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.