Community Forum

X1 box will not connect-RE: Error Code RDK-03036

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

X1 box will not connect-RE: Error Code RDK-03036

I did everything correctly to set up the X1 box, even chatted w/comcast; after hours on the chat, she finally said to get a new box or be charged for a Tech to come to my home.

So, my question is this:  Will getting a new X1 box work???  I've read that this Error code RDK-03036  is EVERYWHERE!

I just don't want to waste my gas and time going to a service center in my City to get a "different" X1 box, just to keep having the SAME ERROR....!   PLEASE HELP!

OR.....do they have a FIX for this error that I don't know about???

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 box will not connect-RE: Error Code RDK-03036

It's a wiring or connection problem. The small X1 boxes need to "talk" to the X1 DVR and RDK 03036 means the small X1 box cannot see the DVR across the wiring in your house.

Because they problem is most likely within your house you would probably be charged.
New Poster

Dear Rick,

Thanks for the reply but I do not even have a dvr....

Official Employee

susielsd wrote:

I did everything correctly to set up the X1 box, even chatted w/comcast; after hours on the chat, she finally said to get a new box or be charged for a Tech to come to my home.

So, my question is this:  Will getting a new X1 box work???  I've read that this Error code RDK-03036  is EVERYWHERE!

I just don't want to waste my gas and time going to a service center in my City to get a "different" X1 box, just to keep having the SAME ERROR....!   PLEASE HELP!

OR.....do they have a FIX for this error that I don't know about???

Can you go over how you have everything hooked up, splitters, amps etc. How do you know you've done everything correctly? Which box is having the error?

Gold Problem Solver

We need to know which boxes you have.