Community Forum

X1 box complaints

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

X1 box complaints

I have some complaints about our new X1 box.  I'd been making seperate threads, but no one wants so many threads from me.

It's slow.  Our old HD DVR acted like everything was there on the box: menus, recordings, guides etc. It was quick, responded to the remote instantly, did what I wanted it to do. This new X1 box acts like it accesses everything from the internet.  There's a small delay while it loads.

The guide covers the whole screen.  I much prefer having the current channel shrink into the corner.  TVs are huge these days.  Take advantage of it.

On that same note, when you pause/rewind/fast forward/etc, too much of the screen gets obscured.  The top and/or bottom get faded to black, the indicator that pops up in the middle is ginormous.  Why?  I'm not watching on a phone, here.  It's a big TV. I don't need 4 inch tall letters.  Maybe some people do have small TVs.  Make the menu and other display sizes adjustable, please!

Capacity is too low.  I don't feel confident to record shows we want while on vacation for a week.  It won't capture everything we want to record before stuff gets deleted.  6 tuners, great.  I can knock out the capacity in one day if I try, easy.

Why is there no button on the remote that turns the box off?  The "all off" button only turns my TV off.  The bright blue ring around the button on the box is still blazing away.  Thankfully, it is actually dimmable.  But I find my self going up and pushing that button to turn it off.  The remote can turn the box on.  It should be able to turn it off.

My internet in general because laggy immediately upon installing the box.  Speedtest still shows the same speeds, but now it drops out, hangs, and pauses.  It didn't used to do this.  I suspect this X1 box is using up bandwidth at the expense of what reaches my modem.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 box complaints

Your complaints about the X1 boxes being slow and internet dropping out are probably one in the same. It's a poor connection issue not a lack of bandwidth issue. Something is wrong with the connections or wiring.

Not to sound unsympathetic but please remember that X1 is now well over 4 years old. Your other concerns are well known and have been widely discussed in this forum.
Regular Visitor

It's just my fresh perspective, I suppose.

Any thoughts on how I can diagnose poor connections?  The thought of paying one of their techs to come fiddle with things makes me want to break stuff.

Regular Visitor

Oh I just thought of something else.  When I voice search for a sports event, I get different results.  I get a shedule of their next game, in this case, the Bears.  It is not apparent to me how to get from there to a screen where I can set the game to record.  The only option I see is to open a sports app.  I don't want to do that.  I want the same thing as if I searched for a normal show.  Am I missing something?