Community Forum

X1 app won't work Error 12012

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

X1 app won't work Error 12012

I went round and round for about 2 months with customer service and then the top level tech service for an issue with the TV app on my iPad.  I was getting an error 12012 "subscription required", and the app wouldn't play the tv.  Finally, they fixed it and I was able to watch on my iPad.  

Today, there was an update on the X1 TV app, and now I'm getting the error message (error 12012 - subscription required) again!  I have a triple play subscription and this should work fine!

What happened?  Someone please help!!

New Poster

Re: X1 app won't work Error 12012

I am having the same issue myself. Seems like they never know what is going on. Or they have the system set up in a way where everything is "escalated" through a bunch of technological illeterate masses.
New Poster

I am having the same issue as well

Silver Problem Solver

I assume you are referring to the first app on this page:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/apps?cid=customer

It works with my iPhone6 on my Comcast wifi network.  I have a Comcast DPC3941 gateway prividing the wifi.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!