Community Forum

X1 and the Fire TV Stick. X1 reboots every time I try to turn on the TV.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

X1 and the Fire TV Stick. X1 reboots every time I try to turn on the TV.

Just installed a Fire TV stick today to take full advantage of my Prime account.  Everything seems to be working just fine other than when I go to turn the TV back on after watching something and turning it off for awhile, the X1 box is fully rebooting itself.  This has been three times now today.  Any clues?

Official Employee

Re: X1 and the Fire TV Stick. X1 reboots every time I try to turn on the TV.


Cistern wrote:

Just installed a Fire TV stick today to take full advantage of my Prime account.  Everything seems to be working just fine other than when I go to turn the TV back on after watching something and turning it off for awhile, the X1 box is fully rebooting itself.  This has been three times now today.  Any clues?


If you remove the Fire Stick does it continue?


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 and the Fire TV Stick. X1 reboots every time I try to turn on the TV.

Just unplugged the Fire Stick, turned off the TV via the X1 remote and the X1 box turned itself off completely, which puts me back to having it reboot itself, so it seems like the Fire Stick is not related.  As a note, I did have to unplug the X1 box today during Fire Stick install to make some room on the power strip to accomodate the Fire Stick power supply.  My guess is that may be related. 

Expert

Re: X1 and the Fire TV Stick. X1 reboots every time I try to turn on the TV.


Cistern wrote:

Just unplugged the Fire Stick, turned off the TV via the X1 remote and the X1 box turned itself off completely, which puts me back to having it reboot itself, so it seems like the Fire Stick is not related.  As a note, I did have to unplug the X1 box today during Fire Stick install to make some room on the power strip to accomodate the Fire Stick power supply.  My guess is that may be related. 


maybe your x1 set top box is just going into power save (like pressing the front power button on most of the X1 set top boxes).  in the menu (xfinity button > gear(settings) > Comcast labs is HDMI link on or off ?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 and the Fire TV Stick. X1 reboots every time I try to turn on the TV.

HDMI Link is marked as "Off".  It's just so weird.  Every time I've ever used to the power off button on the remote the box never completely shut off, but now it does.  Any other thoughts?

Expert

Re: X1 and the Fire TV Stick. X1 reboots every time I try to turn on the TV.


Cistern wrote:

HDMI Link is marked as "Off".  It's just so weird.  Every time I've ever used to the power off button on the remote the box never completely shut off, but now it does.  Any other thoughts?


for giggles and grins swap the TV HDMI ports?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 and the Fire TV Stick. X1 reboots every time I try to turn on the TV.

Just tried it.  Did nothing to stop the box from turning off via remote.  

Expert

Re: X1 and the Fire TV Stick. X1 reboots every time I try to turn on the TV.


Cistern wrote:

Just tried it.  Did nothing to stop the box from turning off via remote.  


I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 and the Fire TV Stick. X1 reboots every time I try to turn on the TV.

Thank you.  I'll check back like you suggest.

Official Employee

Re: X1 and the Fire TV Stick. X1 reboots every time I try to turn on the TV.

 

Hello Cistern, I can look further into this for you. Please send me a private message verifying following information:

 

-First and last name of the account holder

-Primary phone number on the account

-The street address associated with your services

-Full account number

 

To send a private message, click on my name "ComcastAmir", then click private message me.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!