Community Forum

X1 and ROKU

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

X1 and ROKU

I was able to use my Roku with my older model DVR with Comcast.  I just "upgraded" to X-1, just to fiind out that I cannot use the Roku with the X-1.  Boy, am I disappointed in Comcast!!!!!  You really screwed up here, Comcast.  The wave of the future is passing you by.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: X1 and ROKU

For some reason or another it seems comcast does not like Roku. Go figure...
New Poster

I figured it out.  I have a Logitech remote that I had been using with the older Comcast DVR.  This remote has a screen on it and it allows me to toggle between the Roku and the Comcast boxes - either or.  I will have to get Best Buy to come out and re-program the remote to the new X1 DVR so it will acknowledge it and we will be just fine.  I had also upgraded my Roku to a faster model.  So, it's a good time to upgrade to remote.  Have you learned something, Jim???

New Poster

are you suprised that Comcast wants to limit your choices? I know it is crazy--you pay for internet and you expect you will be able to use it. Not in Comcastland. You pay and you get what Comcast wants you to get.