Community Forum

X1 Upgrade

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

X1 Upgrade

When I turned in my old dvr box to upgrade to X1, I remarked to the Comcast rep that I had bing watched shows I had recorded because I would lose the recordings once I made the exchange. She said no, that the recordings were in the cloud and would not be lost. Is this true and if yes, how do I retrieve them? They appear lost to me now that I have installed the new XI dvr box.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Upgrade

I've had 4 boxes in 5 years and lost all recordings every time. Last one was a year ago or so. Now the DVR is acting up again, go figure. Don't believe what they say. They may have made changes, but don't depend on it.

Official Employee

@HowdoIupgradetX wrote:

When I turned in my old dvr box to upgrade to X1, I remarked to the Comcast rep that I had bing watched shows I had recorded because I would lose the recordings once I made the exchange. She said no, that the recordings were in the cloud and would not be lost. Is this true and if yes, how do I retrieve them? They appear lost to me now that I have installed the new XI dvr box.

If you go from the old legacy DVR to X1, they aren't saved. If you ever have to swap out the X1 DVR for a replacement, the last 60 hours recorded on the previous X1 DVR will be available on the new X1 DVR

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@Viper122 wrote:

I've had 4 boxes in 5 years and lost all recordings every time. Last one was a year ago or so. Now the DVR is acting up again, go figure. Don't believe what they say. They may have made changes, but don't depend on it.

have you used a desk/laptop to access the stream TV website or an android/apple device using the stream TV app? either method will show the files available 'only' on the cloud. your home set top boxes will have access to the cloud recordings (last 60 hours) and the recordings will appear in the saved list.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!