Community Forum

X1 TV video/audio disrupted/freezes in afternoons/evenings since temps increased

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

X1 TV video/audio disrupted/freezes in afternoons/evenings since temps increased

Since the weather has turned hot here this week (low to mid 90's in afternoon), my X1 video and audio starts to pixelate around 3:00 pm on some channels. By 5:00 or so, most channels are unwatchable and/or freeze. I get no signal on some. Everything returns to normal around 10:30 pm and stays that way until the following afternoon. I have done all the standard reboots and system resets. Connections are snug.

I have had X1 since May 2016. It was originally installed without an amp. After having picture issues, had a tech come back out. He tested all the internal wiring and said it was good, installed the amp and all has been well until now.

Below are some system stat screenshots I took when everything went haywire today. Any insight would be appreciated. Also, if a Comcast support resource on this forum can query any detailed error logs for clues, that is also appreciated. I would like to avoid having a low-level tech come out initially, and thus cycle through 2-3 appointments to resolve. Thanks for your time!

X1problem1a.jpgX1problem3a.jpgX1problem6a.jpgX1problem5a.jpgX1problem2a.jpg

Official Employee

Re: X1 TV video/audio disrupted/freezes in afternoons/evenings since temps increased

Everything that can be checked remotely, as well as what you posted, looks good and well within spec. You’ll need a tech out to troubleshoot those channels further
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: X1 TV video/audio disrupted/freezes in afternoons/evenings since temps increased

adding... I noted that you only have 4 tuners available. if you have other set top boxes (xi3/xid/xi5) you may wish to swap one of them for an XG2 that has 3 extra tuners to loan out giving you the full 6 tuners in the DVR in which to use to record.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

@Rustyben wrote:

adding... I noted that you only have 4 tuners available. if you have other set top boxes (xi3/xid/xi5) you may wish to swap one of them for an XG2 that has 3 extra tuners to loan out giving you the full 6 tuners in the DVR in which to use to record.

Rustyben, the OP doesn't have a DVR (why there's only 4 tuners). 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

@bcolem01 wrote:

Since the weather has turned hot here this week (low to mid 90's in afternoon), my X1 video and audio starts to pixelate around 3:00 pm on some channels. By 5:00 or so, most channels are unwatchable and/or freeze. I get no signal on some. Everything returns to normal around 10:30 pm and stays that way until the following afternoon. I have done all the standard reboots and system resets. Connections are snug.

I have had X1 since May 2016. It was originally installed without an amp. After having picture issues, had a tech come back out. He tested all the internal wiring and said it was good, installed the amp and all has been well until now.

Below are some system stat screenshots I took when everything went haywire today. Any insight would be appreciated. Also, if a Comcast support resource on this forum can query any detailed error logs for clues, that is also appreciated. I would like to avoid having a low-level tech come out initially, and thus cycle through 2-3 appointments to resolve. Thanks for your time!

X1problem1a.jpgX1problem3a.jpgX1problem6a.jpgX1problem5a.jpgX1problem2a.jpg

Bcolem1, responding to your PM, if you see an SNR of 0, that could be an issue. Looking at it real time now, everything still looks good. Unfortunately, it's hard to diagnose individual channels for tiling, etc, remotely because some of the diagnostics can only be seen onsite.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for all the responses. Andrew, we are having heavy rain here now, so the afternoon heat hasn't taken its toll on the signal as normal yet. Thanks for checking my numbers though.

I will get a tech out. Should I request a certain level of technician or will support assign someone with appropriate experience for the issue?

Official Employee

Hello bcolem01, our technicians are all qualified to troubleshoot issues like this. I would be happy to look at this and if needed, schedule a technician for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.