Community Forum

X1 TV App Downloaded Content Not Showing-up

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

X1 TV App Downloaded Content Not Showing-up

I use the Xfinity TV app on my iPhone to download shows from my X1 cloud DVR to view offline (ios 8.3, current XTV App is 1.8.6.373).  The app was automatically updated from the app store on 6/2/15.  For the first time, I had to re-enter my Comcast credentials into the app, this morning

A couple of weeks ago, I checked-out and downloaded a TV program to my iPhone using the app. I viewed part of the program previously, so I know the download was successful.  Also, I downloaded another movie today and I can view that on the mobile app.

For the previously downloaded show, on the DVR, it says that the show is checked-out to the mobile device.    But, the show doesn't show-up in the downloaded section in the app.  So, it's not available on the X1 DVR and it's not available on the mobile app.  How can I recover that program?

New Poster

Re: X1 TV App Downloaded Content Not Showing-up

I am having the same problem with my iPad. Were you able to resolve this and if so how?
Official Employee

Visit this site https://device.comcast.net/devices and remove the device that has the DVR recording checked out to.. Look for the x1 dvr downloads tab.
New Poster

Thanks, Chad.  I deleted the old device and, frim the Xfinity TV App,  it looks like the recording is back on the DVR.  I'm not home, so I can't test that, but, it looks good.  Appreciate the help.

New Poster

I'm using the xfinitiy TV app on my iPad to download my recordings. Now I notice that my recordings are automatically ONLY downloading to my iPad and not available/not shown on the tv at all. The red light on the cable box will be there to indicate that something is being downloaded but when I check the recordings tab nothing is there, rather its recording on my iPad.
New Poster

I've deleted the app but the shows that were recorded on there are gone, so I guess I'll have to watch them on demand
Frequent Visitor

The Xfinity TV app updated last night and now whenever I am not connected to Wifi the content I had previously downloaded (when connected) is not showing up on my tablet.  I was on the train and could finish watching one of the shows I had started while connected to Wifi but the tablet app says I have no downloads.  The app on my phone still shows the the programs downloaded to my tablet.  It seems I have to start downloaded shows while connected to Wifi.  Anyone else have this problem since the App was updated ??

New Poster

Yes, I'm also have the issue with downloads only showing up on tablet when connected to WiFi.  it just started happening this week.  ugh!

New Poster

I had this problem this week. I used to be able to download and watch offline. On my vacation this week, no downloads would show up unless I was connected to wifi or had my data turned on. I was unable to watch any shows on my flights, which was the reason I downloaded them to begin with.
New Poster

Same problem here.  I can see downloaded shows on my Samsung S7 when connected via wifi or data but when I'm offline, shows "No downloads...yet"

New Poster

Yes, I am having the same problem. Any resolution?
Frequent Visitor

Exact same problem here! Downloaded content shows up when connected to wifi, but disappears when offline. Just started recently. This defeats the entire reason for downloads.
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  Tonight I downloaded two shows to my tablet from my x1 DVR and neither of them show up in my downloads unless I am online.  But I figured out a small workaround until they fix it.  If you start watching one of your downloaded programs for even a few seconds while being online, you can finish watching the whole thing while being offline.  It still won't show up in downloads when you're offline but it will show up at the bottom of the app as the last thing you watched and let you continue it from there while offline.  I know it's not great or the most convenient solution but it is at least a temporary one until Comcast fixes this problem.  Hope that helps ☺.