Community Forum

X1 Power Saver

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Power Saver

I have one DVR, tow 4k DVR's and two XG2's.  None of them exhibit what your (?) box does.  My suspicion is that you have some kind of connection issue somewhere.  Reseat ALL coax connections you can find.  Are you in an apartment?  Have you tried talking to 1800comcast?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

RobertWy, the unit is good when is stays on. Would love to be able to turn it off though. Don't understand why comcast won't make the power button work. I know they had issues of one turning off and the tv not. Make a tv power button on the remote like they have on the other remotes. I have to leave the box on in bedroom and the dvr box in the living room on becuse it has to be manually turned on and off sometimes and it take 2-3 mins to come on. 

Silver Problem Solver

Run a test; turn off Power Saver.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-power-preferences

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

X1 Power Saver

When I wake my x1 box up from power saver it keeps asking me for name of device (masterbedroom, living room, etc) and wants to program remote. Is there a way to stop this? I have already done all those things.