Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

X1 Pixellation Issue

New Poster

X1 Pixellation Issue

Hello all. I am new to this forum however have been a long time Comcast subscriber and at this point i am at a loss and  am beyond frustrated with what has been happening with my service. For 220$ a month what Comcast charges and the issues they have with picture quality is horrendous. In the past, i never had these issues and after two years ago having an amp  installed the picture and signals to all for boxes (2 dvr's and 2 digital) since have been good as gold.  Here is my issue... Over the past month or so i have had in all four televisions pixellation issues that first occurred with just the DVR and now it does not happen on DVR but worse live TV (channels like ESPN, HGTV, NESN,NECN etc.) which makes tv watching horrible. The picture pixellates after about 15 minutes of consistent viewing. Afrter MANY calls to the customer service reps and them just sending a signal to the box, i decided to schedule a tech visit on 8/28/17. The tech that came was newer to cable (he mentioned he was at a dish company for many years before coming over to comcast recently) but never the lesswas knowledgeable and very kind/personal and professional. He checked all the lines around the house and the signals were all good. He ended up swapping out my old X1 box and modem with the newest box and stated that everything should be good to go. What i had put in was in my living room and main DVR AR AX014ANM . What was left that i had before the tech came is in basement a secondary DVR  PA PX022ANM, and two digital boxes  both  MOTOHDUDTA . Once the tech left after 5 minutes the pixellations begun again!  I am wondering if i need the line up the street looked at or a visit from a "tech 2 " or a "line crew" . Can someone on from Comcast please help? Also i have another appt today with a tech to see if they can diagnose the pixellationm issues. Does anyone have any thoughts what i should do next? Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: X1 Pixellation Issue

Line crew came out after tech visit today and fixed box on top of utility pole .... looks like there was an issue with it not allowing certain channels to come in

All Replies
Official Employee

The next tech will be able to check the individual frequencies of the channels that you are having issues with. If there are outside issues they will get that info to the maintainance team. Anything that can be checked remotely looks good ( individual frequencies can't be checked remotely).
New Poster

Ok thank you for the feedback..... I have a senior tech coming tomorrow to help.
New Poster

Line crew came out after tech visit today and fixed box on top of utility pole .... looks like there was an issue with it not allowing certain channels to come in
Regular Contributor

rsully23 wrote:

Wow, that was quickly fixed.  Glad they found the source of your issue. :envy:

New Poster

I am having a problem with a distorted pixellation picture on certain channels. I replaced the cable but still having issue

New Poster

This appears to be exactly the same issue I am having except that I can't watch shows on "live" tv, but if I watch them on DVR or a show on demand, it is fine.  Differnet frequencies or ?? 

Expert

leadpilot12 wrote:

This appears to be exactly the same issue I am having except that I can't watch shows on "live" tv, but if I watch them on DVR or a show on demand, it is fine.  Differnet frequencies or ?? 

tune to a 24/7 cable news station by number (can use guide or search). Does that channel play? if not, is there an error message and screen displaying the error?

Expert
Moved: