Community Forum

X1 HD DVR box has power but no front light display

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

X1 HD DVR box has power but no front light display

I just recently upgraded to the X1 HD DVR box and two HD boxes. During setup, the screen freezes on the Select Language page. The remote will not allow me to select a language, so I can't pass that screen for setup. Also, there are no desplay lights on the front of the box. I checked the power cord and I am positive that the box is getting power. I know this because the rear fan is on. Been without cable for the past 4 days and the issue cannot be fixed over the phone. I do have a tech guy coming out tomorrow but am losing my mind in the process. I've tried everything. Any ideas???

Official Employee

Re: X1 HD DVR box has power but no front light display

On the remote, press and hold setup, LED goes from red to green, and press 981. That should get you pass the Language screen.

Its possible that you have a dvr with bad display.

New Poster

I've tried that several times with tech support on the phone. I does not do anything.

Official Employee

Have you tried a different remote?
New Poster

I got three new boxes and three new remotes. None work

Expert

ShamusYEMX wrote:

I got three new boxes and three new remotes. None work

did you ever try unplugging the set top box for 30 seconds or so, plug it in and when the TV screens reqeusts input, then press the setup button until LED on remote changes from red to green and press 9 8 7 ?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I've tried that too. Starting to believe that they gave me a bad box

Official Employee

It's possible, you've tried everything, the dvr shows as being online.
New Poster

Yeah, when I talked to customer support, they said that I have a good signal (green bars) and don't understand why it will not work. Tech guy is coming back out tomoro, but, we'll see if he shows up. But that's a different complaint. LOL

New Poster

Well tech support just left, after 6 hours of working on it. They still can't figure out the problem. They told my girlfriend, I had to leave for work, that they "think" it could be a "premises" issue. Not sure what that means, since I wasn't home I couldn't ask. I'm assuming that the "premises" issue has something to do with the Xfinity service location? The tech guy replaced all boxes, new modem and even the wiring from the pole to the house. Kudos to the tech guy, it was raining all day long, straight downpour. Next appointment is wed.

Expert

ShamusYEMX wrote:

Well tech support just left, after 6 hours of working on it. They still can't figure out the problem. They told my girlfriend, I had to leave for work, that they "think" it could be a "premises" issue. Not sure what that means, since I wasn't home I couldn't ask. I'm assuming that the "premises" issue has something to do with the Xfinity service location? The tech guy replaced all boxes, new modem and even the wiring from the pole to the house. Kudos to the tech guy, it was raining all day long, straight downpour. Next appointment is wed.

what is the model number of the set top box? and, I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi, ShamusYEMX - I checked your signals and I'm not getting any results for your cable boxes/modem. I definitely suggest to wait for a tech visit and I will follow up with you tomorrow as well. 

Official Employee

@ShamusYEMX - How was the tech visit? I see cable boxes and gateway are getting a signal now. 

New Poster

Everything works great now. The tech Joseph that came out was great. Said that it had something to do with the outside lines. Told us that there was another customer that had dame problem so it knew how to fix it. Happy now. And X1 is much better then old style boxes
Official Employee

@ShamusYEMX - Awesome news! The X1 system has a lot of cool features, please let me know if you get any questions about it.