Community Forum

X1 Dvr set top no longer auto switches to hd

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

X1 Dvr set top no longer auto switches to hd

Starting about a week ago the X1 Dvr quit auto switching to hd. 

Option in preferences shows 'unavailable' and to subscribe.  But I have hd. 

I can manually input a hd channel and it works fine.  But some other options seem to be ignoring hd as well.  Like it doesn't sense hd so doesn't give me option to switch other than keying in the channel.  Voice command like 'cbs hd' seems to go to the sd channel.  

Also another x1 box in house works fine  with auto switch with no issues 

spent 45 minutes on phone with support and they suggest taking that box in and having it swapped out for another one since the other X11 box works.  They reset it several times but w/o change 

ideas?

Bad box, swap it?

Official Employee

Re: X1 Dvr set top no longer auto switches to hd

Thatnetguy wrote:

Starting about a week ago the X1 Dvr quit auto switching to hd. 

Option in preferences shows 'unavailable' and to subscribe.  But I have hd. 

I can manually input a hd channel and it works fine.  But some other options seem to be ignoring hd as well.  Like it doesn't sense hd so doesn't give me option to switch other than keying in the channel.  Voice command like 'cbs hd' seems to go to the sd channel.  

Also another x1 box in house works fine  with auto switch with no issues 

spent 45 minutes on phone with support and they suggest taking that box in and having it swapped out for another one since the other X11 box works.  They reset it several times but w/o change 

ideas?

Bad box, swap it?

Swap it and go from there.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!